IGNORED

2697 Season Ticket left for City fans

Bat Fastard

I have just added up the seats available on the Bristol Sport site and it looks like 2697 left for our fans.  Does anyone know the original available number! I thought it was around 19000 - and if that is right, it means that we have sold more than 16000 so far!  Can that be right?

11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I have just added up the seats available on the Bristol Sport site and it looks like 2697 left for our fans.  Does anyone know the original available number! I thought it was around 19000 - and if that is right, it means that we have sold more than 16000 so far!  Can that be right?

that doesn't include the upper tier so its around 14k sold we need to get to 18k for them to open the upper tier

No, it's not right. 

If we had sold 16,000 season tickets then the club would be shouting it from the rooftops (record sales) 

As it is, on that basis, I wouldn't think we've yet broken the record which I believe was a little under 14k  

• Admin
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

that doesn't include the upper tier so its around 14k sold we need to get to 18k for them to open the upper tier

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, it's not right. 

If we had sold 16,000 season tickets then the club would be shouting it from the rooftops (record sales) 

As it is, on that basis, I wouldn't think we've yet broken the record which I believe was a little under 14k  

I thought the top tier held 7k and the bottom 4k?

If there are 2697 left I would have taken that to be from 20,000 available seats? Which doesn't make sense as I agree with @Bar BS3 the club haven't said anything about record sales, and we know they would be shouting from the rooftops if they had

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

If there are 2697 left I would have taken that to be from 20,000 available seats? Which doesn't make sense as I agree with @Bar BS3 the club haven't said anything about record sales, and we know they would be shouting from the rooftops if they had

so say 20k lower bowl minus 3k for away fans/seg thats 17k, minus 2697 would equal 14303,

• Admin

Doesn't help that figures will be distorted by not knowing how many seats are set aside for corporate (and what the take up there is) or how many have been set aside for Community (my guess is most of S24 as they kicked out existing STHs from there).

What we as fans have been able to gather is that at the end of the initial renewal+general sale period, the club announced there had been just over 13k bought. At this time there was 3874 left for sale on the BS website. Now there are almost 1200 fewer seats remaining on the website but there has been no announcement of setting a new record for ST sales, despite the previous record being 13,663.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Maybe you would like to explain how Mr Lansdown could build new stands and lower prices still and buy the likes of Tomlin Griffin?

Sponsorship

How do Reading manage doing this ? 

10 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Maybe you would like to explain how Mr Lansdown could build new stands and lower prices still and buy the likes of Tomlin Griffin?

He's jesting.... humour, you know smiley smile.... you can do it, yeah, yeah almost... there it is !!

20 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Sponsorship wont cover what City lose. Not interested in Reading. City have lost huge amounts of money and always SL coughs up and has built a new ground costing tens of millions . Still fans moan. Prices are spot on.

I don't think it's that people are moaning about the prices in themselves.  Just that we need to fill the ground by encouraging nee supporters along.  A more creative pricing policy could deliver similar or greater revenue and mean the ground is fuller.  

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

SL and BS have got the prices spot on. Any lower and its no Tomlin etc. Steve should not have to pay for everything as well as virtually a new ground.

57 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Far too simplistic to say "lower prices = no Tomlin".  Lower prices does not necessarily equate to less income.  If the prices had been lower, the club may have sold more season tickets, flogged more beers and pasties, and generated more income overall.  Although I suspect the club HAVE got the price point about right, it's by no means certain and not the simple equation you make it out to be.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I thought it was bottom tier 7k & top 4K 

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

20 is enough there is no doubt about it

football is meant to be a working mans game but the working man pays upper class prices 

The 'working man' drifted away from football long before the PL and Sky tv and all-seater grounds. It is reasonable to ask the 'working man' : "where were you when we (the game) were shit?"

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I understood it was 6,000 lower and 5,000 upper but am open to correction should anyone be suitably qualified to administer it!

Archived