IGNORED

Portsmouth Tkts

Redmycolour

22 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Just to further add to things with regards to Pompey tickets. I was down there this morning for a meeting. Thought I'd pop in the club shop to buy my ticket. I can't buy tickets in the shop! I then had to sit in the coffee shop downstairs and ring the ticket office upstairs to buy my ticket!

I still have no idea why they make it so hard to give them our money! :grr:

Same thing happen to me today.

I wanted to buy a couple of tickets for Saturday but was told you can't buy tickets at the club shop, "unbelievably Jeff"

When I enquired why I was told the club want to copy bigger clubs and the way  they do things!!!

I also wanted to buy a couple of T-shirts and shorts for myself and kids for our holidays but after I was told I couldn't buy tickets I walked out empty handed and I can't be bothered to go Saturday. Sadly club loss. 

I just wanted to buy a ticket for a game of football.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

I wanted to buy a couple of tickets for Saturday but was told you can't buy tickets at the club shop, "unbelievably Jeff"

When I enquired why I was told the club want to copy bigger clubs and the way  they do things!!!

I also wanted to buy a couple of T-shirts and shorts for myself and kids for our holidays but after I was told I couldn't buy tickets I walked out empty handed and I can't be bothered to go Saturday. Sadly club loss. 

This is not a new thing - you could not buy tickets all last season from the shop - only collect if you asked for pickup instead of posting

3 hours ago, bs3 said:

That's poor by City.. Maybe the FAN thingybob can take this up with the club.. Along with £1 per ticket booking fee which is dreadful.

It really shouldn't be such a hassle just to order tickets.... If this is the sort of excellent ticket office services we are getting all year then we can say goodbye to even getting near 20k ! It is bizarre that like others have said all we want to do is give them money!

To not even be able to buy tickets from the club shop and have one window on the day is disgraceful.  It is as  if the club are saying we won't make much money on this friendly so lets not even bother with any effort!

5 hours ago, DanielHill said:

So it is now pay on the day!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pompey-tickets-on-sale-monday-3188126.aspx

Still can't understand the £1 booking fee per ticket, for phone and online sales?

I can? First it's £25 administration fee.£35.000 profit.then £1 booking fee +another £12-14000 profit £1postage (37p) profit.each supporter.talk about ripping there own supporters off.

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

I can? First it's £25 administration fee.£35.000 profit.then £1 booking fee +another £12-14000 profit £1postage (37p) profit.each supporter.talk about ripping there own supporters off.

In answer to your question, no,  I don't think you can.

I really don.t think the admin fee goes to the club, it goes to the finance company for arranging to lend you the money and collect your payments. If you paid up front you wouldn't be charged.

Booking fee - will cover credit/debit card charges, plus web development/ sales office staff/ computers , office space etc etc.

Postage, will include stamp/franking, envelope, staff to stuff ticket in envelope, take them to post offiice, storage of said envelopes, etc etc

Then there's the small matter of VAT

I'm sure the profit to the club is negligible, if any at all.

22 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

I really don.t think the admin fee goes to the club, it goes to the finance company for arranging to lend you the money and collect your payments. If you paid up front you wouldn't be charged.

Booking fee - will cover credit/debit card charges, plus web development/ sales office staff/ computers , office space etc etc.

Postage, will include stamp/franking, envelope, staff to stuff ticket in envelope, take them to post offiice, storage of said envelopes, etc etc

There was no finance company involved this season.all monies went to Bristol Sport.as for booking fee any amount over £5 there is no charge by the bank on debit cards. And if you notice all S/t were sent out 2nd class mail 55p.and would have thought royal mail collected mail from Bristol Sport

22 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Don't even attempt to defend the booking fee. Everything you describe should be covered by the cost of the ticket. It's a stealth cost.

Andrew billiingham will be on radio Bristol from 8am this morning to explain the booking fee . Didn't get the mans name but was from the supporters club I think was on radio Bristol saying fans aren't happy about it. I went and got my tickets on Saturday 3 adults 1 child took 35 quid lady said 39 quid . £4 pound booking fee I said I'm not booking them . If they said it was £11 who cares .

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Andrew billiingham will be on radio Bristol from 8am this morning to explain the booking fee . Didn't get the mans name but was from the supporters club I think was on radio Bristol saying fans aren't happy about it. I went and got my tickets on Saturday 3 adults 1 child took 35 quid lady said 39 quid . £4 pound booking fee I said I'm not booking them . If they said it was £11 who cares .

He can't explain it it's a stealth tax in all but name and it needs to be dropped now and they need to apologise and give the fans some form on compensation

if it's because of the firm we use for ticketing then the need to drop prices by 1 pound it can't be defend and it's outrageous that in this day and age and the strides the club have taken forward that they try this shit

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

You can hear what SC&T chairman Stu Rogers and Bristol Sport CEO Andrew Billingham said about the £1 ticket fee on Radio Bristol this morning at 1hr 52mins here:

Radio Bristol on £1 ticket fees

sorry pal can't listen to it at work, any chance you give give us a brief written thing (or anyone for that matter)

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

sorry pal can't listen to it at work, any chance you give give us a brief written thing (or anyone for that matter)

Club gets a booking fee from the company they use, they pass a fraction of it on but soak up most of the cost. Booking fee is seperate from ticket price as they wanted to be open with it. 

Missed a bit, but some people were wrongly charged and will be  refunded- think this was to do with coach tickets for away games.

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

Club gets a booking fee from the company they use, they pass a fraction of it on but soak up most of the cost. Booking fee is seperate from ticket price as they wanted to be open with it. 

Missed a bit, but some people were wrongly charged and will be  refunded- think this was to do with coach tickets for away games.

not good enough, they should of advertised the tickets for £9 plus a booking fee, at least prepare people for it, if they were open and honest about it I'd still have a problem about it but wouldn't of been as angry as I was when I heard about it,

I think his problem in the interview was that he didn't have anything to announce...he explained the cost, said he'd listen, but didn't give any indication what would happen as a result of the listening...and that didn't come across as convincing, atlas it didn't to me.

I think we all accept that it costs money to run a ticketing system...but we'd also accept that it costs money to put the floodlights on, we don't expect to pay a supplement for either, both are fundamental to being able to run professional football club and charge admission. 

And a preseason friendly attended by the most die-hard supporters isn't the best occasion to be looking as though you are making a fast buck or pulling the wool over people's eyes, whether that's your intention or not.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think his problem in the interview was that he didn't have anything to announce...he explained the cost, said he'd listen, but didn't give any indication what would happen as a result of the listening...and that didn't come across as convincing, atlas it didn't to me.

I think we all accept that it costs money to run a ticketing system...but we'd also accept that it costs money to put the floodlights on, we don't expect to pay a supplement for either, both are fundamental to being able to run professional football club.

Yeah agree with @Red Exile also seemed an unprepared answer, guess he was on as a reactive to the problem raised

There was mention that people who bought CATS tickets would get their booking fee back - not sure why that is any different??

IF they are to proceed with this, they need to make it more clearer as the guy who bought the £10 ticket with cash getting a charge was ridculous !

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yeah agree with @Red Exile also seemed an unprepared answer, guess he was on as a reactive to the problem raised

There was mention that people who bought CATS tickets would get their booking fee back - not sure why that is any different??

IF they are to proceed with this, they need to make it more clearer as the guy who bought the £10 ticket with cash getting a charge was ridculous !

agreed, after all the good the club have done recently all the improvements etc this leaves a real sour taste in my mouth, and imo the club should take the hit themselfs rather then pass the cost on to us, we already pay stupid amounts for tickets, there is no need to pay a booking fee as well

"We soak up some of that cost as well"  - I wonder how much this is, how good must the system be to charge more than £1 per booking?

"We are actually giving back to the supporters" - yes prices for next season are low, but that's not the point. It's this hidden cost, especially when buying on the day when advertised for £10.

"Booking fee wasn't the right term, it's a charge we get from the software company" - The main issue was this wasn't communicated pre-game. 

"Derby, Brighton, several rugby clubs charge more" - That's their issue. Don't compare us against others.

"We will consider group ticket discount rather than that fee be on every transaction" - Good.

"It's one flat charge, we don't want to wrap it in ticket prices, we want the ticket prices to be as low as possible" - :facepalm: what? You can't get the ticket without the fee so that doesn't make sense. 

Overall I'm a little disappointed. Hold your hands up and admit your mistake Bristol Sport, say it won't happen again and the fees will be included in the ticket price (even if they go up £1) and everyone will be happy.

Archived