IGNORED

Portsmouth Tkts

Redmycolour

• Admin
1 hour ago, Selred said:

"We soak up some of that cost as well"  - I wonder how much this is, how good must the system be to charge more than £1 per booking?

"We are actually giving back to the supporters" - yes prices for next season are low, but that's not the point. It's this hidden cost, especially when buying on the day when advertised for £10.

"Booking fee wasn't the right term, it's a charge we get from the software company" - The main issue was this wasn't communicated pre-game. 

"Derby, Brighton, several rugby clubs charge more" - That's their issue. Don't compare us against others.

"We will consider group ticket discount rather than that fee be on every transaction" - Good.

"It's one flat charge, we don't want to wrap it in ticket prices, we want the ticket prices to be as low as possible" - :facepalm: what? You can't get the ticket without the fee so that doesn't make sense. 

Overall I'm a little disappointed. Hold your hands up and admit your mistake Bristol Sport, say it won't happen again and the fees will be included in the ticket price (even if they go up £1) and everyone will be happy.

100% agree - live and learn, quicker they admit their error the better  

1 hour ago, Selred said:

"We soak up some of that cost as well"  - I wonder how much this is, how good must the system be to charge more than £1 per booking?

"We are actually giving back to the supporters" - yes prices for next season are low, but that's not the point. It's this hidden cost, especially when buying on the day when advertised for £10.

"Booking fee wasn't the right term, it's a charge we get from the software company" - The main issue was this wasn't communicated pre-game. 

"Derby, Brighton, several rugby clubs charge more" - That's their issue. Don't compare us against others.

"We will consider group ticket discount rather than that fee be on every transaction" - Good.

"It's one flat charge, we don't want to wrap it in ticket prices, we want the ticket prices to be as low as possible" - :facepalm: what? You can't get the ticket without the fee so that doesn't make sense. 

Overall I'm a little disappointed. Hold your hands up and admit your mistake Bristol Sport, say it won't happen again and the fees will be included in the ticket price (even if they go up £1) and everyone will be happy.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

100% agree - live and learn, quicker they admit their error the better  

I fully agree, this is the business side at odds with the sporting side, we've had so much good recently that a small thing like this could un-do it rather quickly,

BS hands up you've cocked up absorbe the cost and charge the face value that you advertise, 

I'm sure that the prices advertised doesn't say subject to booking charge, which if it doesn't I think you could be in a spot of bother with the ASA

• SC&T Board Members
5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Good find, Monkeh!

It appears beyond any doubt from that, that Bristol Sport is in breach of Advertising Standards Authority rules.

Let's hope that they soon rectify this.

3 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Good find, Monkeh!

It appears beyond any doubt from that, that Bristol Sport is in breach of Advertising Standards Authority rules.

Let's hope that they soon rectify this.

thats for theater tickets not sporting but the same principle apply's,

I don't want the club breaching anything that would cast us in a bad light, I think they need to be very careful on this 

• SC&T Board Members
5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

thats for theater tickets not sporting but the same principle apply's,

I don't want the club breaching anything that would cast us in a bad light, I think they need to be very careful on this 

The example given is from a case involving a theatre. But the ruling appears to apply to all online ticket sales, does it not.

3 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

The example given is from a case involving a theatre. But the ruling appears to apply to all online ticket sales, does it not.

could well be, I think it needs to be brought to the clubs attention so they can rectify it and say sorry

Archived