IGNORED

Big Sam gets the England Job

Nomad

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Can I ask why you think that? 

I guess I personally don't much like him. I maybe totally wrong but he seems a bit of a dinosaur, very old school. Not going to be up to speed with the modern game or dealing with the people in it, other managers and players. Yes I know he is a club manager now, but what success or pressure has he had compared to bring the England manager.

Put it this way, if 6 months ago I had heard we (Bristol City)were looking at Big Sam I wouldn't have been impressed.

43 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Best English candidate for me so good appointment. Good luck and make us proud!

"Best English candidate" is an exercise in barrel scraping if ever there was one. I don't mind Allardyce but what has he won and who has he managed at the very top end of the game?

Klinsmann would have been my choice. Couldn't give a monkeys what their passport says. It's 2016 and the world has moved on.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess I personally don't much like him. I maybe totally wrong but he seems a bit of a dinosaur, very old school. Not going to be up to speed with the modern game or dealing with the people in it, other managers and players. Yes I know he is a club manager now, but what success or pressure has he had compared to bring the England manager.

Put it this way, if 6 months ago I had heard we (Bristol City)were looking at Big Sam I wouldn't have been impressed.

That sounds like a lot of opinion from someone who doesn't seem to know very much about the subject in hand. 

You couldn't write a less accurate biography of Big Sam's credentials if you tried..! 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Incredibly rude.

I wasn't being rude, it's was just factually inaccurate. I think big sam might think their comments rude, after explaining how wrong they are..! 

Incidentally, would you agree with their run down of his credentials. 

I like Big Sam. I'm not sure he's the guy to get England to the next level though. Not sure Klinsmann would've been either. I do agree the FA missed a chance to go a bit different. Could've been foreign or could've been younger. Maybe Big Sam is there to bridge that gap for two years for those younger ones to get a few more years experience. Who knows? I think Big Sam will get more out of the squad but he's not a long term answer IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wasn't being rude, it's was just factually inaccurate. I think big sam might think their comments rude, after explaining how wrong they are..! 

Incidentally, would you agree with their run down of his credentials. 

No problems with being questioned, I would be perfectly comfortable with discussing my opinions with Mr Allerdyce if he wanted, not sure if he would need you there though.

For me he is just another Hodgson.

Fine for keeping average teams out of the relegation zone in the prem. Never won much though and nothing on his cv to inspire.

Think he will do fine in qualifying against lesser teams but don't see him winning anything.

Not sure who could though with our serial bottlers who can't cope with the pressure.

6 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I feel sorry for him. (actually I feel sorry for anyone who goes for it). He's doomed to fail before he's started. Worse job in the world.  

Only bit of good news is that Howe didn't get it and the poison chalice didn't ruin a very promising future. 

Worse job in the world! But I heard the pays very good. 

Maybe it's not really the worst job in the world  after all. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I expect I'm alone, but anyway...it's a sad state for English football when the answer is Sam Allerdyce.

He should n't be underestimated . He has this reputation as a footballing dinosaur but nothing could be further from the truth .

He revolutionised Bolton with his training méthods , sports scientists and general professional attitudes that he instigated.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He should n't be underestimated . He has this reputation as a footballing dinosaur but nothing could be further from the truth .

He revolutionised Bolton with his training méthods , sports scientists and general professional attitudes that he instigated.

But where are Bolton now? 

Those on here that are slating the decision to recruit Allardyce. Who would you have got instead? Realistically?  Klinsmann, who isn't going any great shakes at the USA?  Who failed at other clubs, but did OK with a German side that arguably though should've done better? Glenn Hoddle, who hasn't managed in goodness knows how long and who the FA wouldn't touch anyway?  Eddie Howe, who is in his thirties, failed the only time he's moved away from home and would be tainted forever were he to fail? Steve Bruce?!  Give me a break..... even Gareth Southgate said no (albeit on an initial temporary basis)! So, who would it have been? 

Archived