IGNORED

Cheltenham & Bath City

coxyboy

2 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

Cheltenham will be the first team while Bath is an U21 fixture.

I doubt that considering the U21s have their own set of friendlies and so far this pre-season they've been very much kept apart, with Jamie MacAllister doing his own little thing with them. Also they're playing Clevedon Town on the 27th so it'd be a bit weird to play U21s the day before.

Any info about travelling to Cheltenham please, not been there before. Distance from station etc, 'the pig to get to' comment has got me thinking I need to Google, but if anyone can give a bit more helpful advice you have yourself a 'like' ha ha

I live in Cheltenham so will be attending that game. Also likely to be a strong XI as the bench pretty much played against Murcia. Red M, the station is about 30-40 minute walk from the station if you know where to go. Town centre is around half way for liquid refreshment.

50 minutes ago, RedM said:

Any info about travelling to Cheltenham please, not been there before. Distance from station etc, 'the pig to get to' comment has got me thinking I need to Google, but if anyone can give a bit more helpful advice you have yourself a 'like' ha ha

The station is not central to Cheltenham. Around a 40 minute walk (flat, footpaths) to Whaddon Road taking you through the centre where there are a few places to drink. I think there may be a bus that goes direct from the station to the ground but can't for the life of me remember which. Google is your friend. 

You can jump on the D bus at the train station however which runs every 15 minutes I believe and that drops you at weather spoons in the town centre. There is also an abundance of taxis right outside if easier. It's about 15 minutes walk from the town centre

Thanks both of you @Chris_Brown and @AJgEEZa. I've just been googling and yes a  two and a half mile wale from train station to ground, I don't mind doing that one way but a bit nervous about missing train back after the game. I don't know Cheltenham at all, only been there once more than 20 years ago and for shopping not football. It seems you can get a bus from station to centre or Whaddon road to centre but not from 'door to door' . If they are anything like Bristol buses I wouldn't bet on them turning up either! Humm, dunno. I might brave it or give it a swerve...

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Confirmed on OS by Lee that starting eleven tonight all anticipated to play 90 minutes, with U21s on bench in case of injury. Also says that Magnusson, Tomlin,  O'Neill to play. 

Also says the same 11 will play tommorow, surely that's unlikely?

23 hours ago, Sargent Pepper said:

I imagine it will be like the fixtures in La Manga. The first team will play most of the game on Monday then the rest of the squad will play the majority of the games tuesday. We seem to be just worringing about minutes under the belt rather than anything tactical at the moment.

Pembo, on the official site, says we are concentrating on tactics.

Archived