IGNORED

Where will you finish?

Gabriel

17th, a lot of squads in this division still look very good & the top 7/8 are pretty much set in stone for me. The teams that finished around us this season like Fulham Huddersfield and Leeds have all spent very well so far this summer. 

Minor improvement but won't be making any waves in this division just yet. 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

17th, a lot of squads in this division still look very good & the top 7/8 are pretty much set in stone for me. The teams that finished around us this season like Fulham Huddersfield and Leeds have all spent very well so far this summer. 

Minor improvement but won't be making any waves in this division just yet. 

Fulham appear to be making very sensible signings that should mean less of a worrying season for them IF they can find goals.  Kalas, McFonald and Button, Aluko so far, but Dembele and McCormack (presumably) out.  Lots of pressure on Matt Smith, Sonny Aluko and Cauley Woodrow to get goals.

Huddersfield are potentially this season's Sheff Wednesday, but maybe not quite there, and reliance on their new players gel'ing.

Leeds - jury out for me....don't think they'll do any better than last season, expecting another crisis at some point during the season.

I think Barnsley and Burton will struggle, and sorry @Mortis and @PNE_fan, I think Preston might have a rougher ride this season.  Not saying they will go down, just think teams will know how to play them.

I think Villa will be bottom half too.

As for City, no idea.  Heart says 8th, head says 12th-15th.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fulham appear to be making very sensible signings that should mean less of a worrying season for them IF they can find goals.  Kalas, McFonald and Button, Aluko so far, but Dembele and McCormack (presumably) out.  Lots of pressure on Matt Smith, Sonny Aluko and Cauley Woodrow to get goals.

Huddersfield are potentially this season's Sheff Wednesday, but maybe not quite there, and reliance on their new players gel'ing.

Leeds - jury out for me....don't think they'll do any better than last season, expecting another crisis at some point during the season.

I think Barnsley and Burton will struggle, and sorry @Mortis and @PNE_fan, I think Preston might have a rougher ride this season.  Not saying they will go down, just think teams will know how to play them.

No way will Villa be bottom half with De Matteo in charge.

15 hours ago, redapple said:

Didn't half a dozen Leicester fans put money on their team to win the Prem last season

In which case I wouldn't be completely mad to do a similar bet on City this year . I wouldn't dispute the odds given by the bookies which are based on good logic , but a bit of luck, a good start and a surge in confidence could suprise many . 

However , I'll go for a 9th place finish , but you never know . 

They did, one of them lives near me......my youngest was at his daughters 4th birthday party on Saturday. Mrs Woodsy came home and told me she'd been told that they'd won a few quid on a bet on Leicester winning the league - l'd read about him, and a quick google soon confirmed the story, I don't think she believed them!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-36196376

Went and sat in the beer garden at the local for an hour on Saturday night and he was over there, he seems v popular over there all of a sudden.....

As for the original question - anywhere between 10th and 15th for me. I'd accept not being in a relegation battle at any point this season, that is progress

4 hours ago, cynic said:

Agreed.

If we get Matthews back then we will have two of the influential loanees that contributed to a good second half of the season. 

Have we replaced Baker ? Not sure, but we'll find out soon enough.

Other teams have strengthened and I would say we are currently behind quite a few others. 

I would think a finish of around 15th is achievable.

Burton, Rotherham, and Barnsley for the drop.

Newcastle, Derby, and Sheffield to go up.

Agreed except I'd swap Sheffield for Villa. Think they'll spunk a load of magically appeared cash at Chrimbo on the loan market and go up via play offs.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with Leeds. If they do have another crisis caused by Cellino then i expect they'll finish around the same place as last season. But with Monk in charge I think they'll do a lot better. 

Predicted Preston to have a worse season as well. Gone with 18th for them. Also got Rotherham, Burton and Blackburn going down

Blackburn sold Rhodes in January and looked very poor after that. Granted they've signed Anthony Stokes to replace him, but not too sure if he'll cut it down here. Also with the recent sale of Hanley i can't see them staying up unless their mental owners actually put some back into the club and sign a couple.

On 28 July 2016 at 16:21, Gabriel said:

Most of you saying midtable - what are the areas you need to work on to push higher up? Think your midfield looks strong.

Well the midfield need to weigh in with goals and our strike force is looking sparse, especially if Kodj leaves, gets injured, goes off to ACON.

Archived