IGNORED

What can possibly go wrong now?

Jack Dawe

Come on, people. We're Bristol City. Something always goes wrong. At this moment, it's all looking very positive and like we have every reason to feel optimistic (not, going up or play offs optimistic, just midtable plus optimistic). Worryingly so. So where's the catch?

My money's on Kodj leaving. It has to be. This team is looking far too enticing. Either this, or someone takes a swing at Tomlin up Failand and he clears off to Fulham in August....or possibly both.

First home game last season we were 2-0 up vs Brentford. It was all going well, momentum from last season still being carried, great football being played, fans were loud... and then Freeman gets sent off.

Expecting something similar against Wigan, possibly ROD taking down a man in the box. Red. Pen. See you later 16/17 season.

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

The first time we don't win at home score by halftime is normally when the world starts collapsing on here

29 minutes ago, hodge said:

Correction

Further correction for complete accuracy

49 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Come on, people. We're Bristol City. Something always goes wrong. At this moment, it's all looking very positive and like we have every reason to feel optimistic (not, going up or play offs optimistic, just midtable plus optimistic). Worryingly so. So where's the catch?

My money's on Kodj leaving. It has to be. This team is looking far too enticing. Either this, or someone takes a swing at Tomlin up Failand and he clears off to Fulham in August....or possibly both.

I think the potential problem is that we have been seduced by the new signings into thinking we have got a good team in the making.

Sod's law the first game against championship newcomers and they play us off the park, thereby deflating all our previously held beliefs and we then go back to thinking we have a load of dross again and it's all Lee Johnson's fault - again!

In reality I DO think we have a good team in the making. Not perhaps good enough to challenge at the top end of the table but quite capable of upsetting the better teams in this division and certainly more than capable of staying out of the relegation zone. Fingers crossed we got off to good start so we get some confidence and momentum, both among the players but also the  the supporters.

As for things like Kodjia leaving. I have been impressed by Lee Johnson in the transfer market and would not be surprised if he and Ashton have a contingency plan and have another player earmarked to go for if it looks like Kodjia could be off.

11 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm really intrigued if the original poster goes to the pub at a lunchtime?

every mid afternoon we seem to get a real rambling topic posted

Thinks his posts are like that at any time of the day or night AD!

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

...... not just every single Aizoon post then??

Uncle TFR

10 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I don't think CAMRR would count the OP as a ramble - far too succinct (and rather a witty little question, to boot, with several layers of irony)

what indeed?

21 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

First home game last season we were 2-0 up vs Brentford. It was all going well, momentum from last season still being carried, great football being played, fans were loud... and then Freeman gets sent off.

Expecting something similar against Wigan, possibly ROD taking down a man in the box. Red. Pen. See you later 16/17 season.

We were never 2-0 up in that game!

Obvious one is Kodjia doing one. But, I don't think that'll happen. For now. 

Magnusson struggling to cope with the physicality of the league. Although he'll love the fact that players in the Championship don't tend to spend half the game rolling about on the floor. 

That O'Dowda might be a bit like a Freeman - what you can do in Leagues One and Two is very different to what you can do against teams who until (very) recently have been in the Prem. 

Wigan have bought well and I think that match will be a tough one. I'd happily take a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1. Looking at our opening 5 fixtures, two wins out of the first two must be the objective, but that won't be straightforward. 9 (or even 7) points from our first five games would be a solid start. Then it's Rotherham away (winnable) and then Sheff Weds away (happy with a point). 

If we don't win at least 1 of our opening 5, I'd start to get a little concerned. We start brightly, think we're on for a far more enjoyable season. 

To be honest, I just want to enjoy watching City, as I did more and more from end of Jan. Aug 2015 - Jan 2016 was horrible. 

52 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

We were bloody brilliant in the first 35 minutes. Should've been about 4-1 up. And then it all happened....

21 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about a Prem club asks to talk to LJ. He does have history of walking out to better himself. Now, where's my Valium?

Unlikely.

What footballing achievements has he managed?

Maybe this time next season.......

13 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Hang on, are you slagging off the right Johnson? 

I'm not slagging off anyone. I'm simply asking a genuine question about LJs managerial credentials. 

To be an attractive proposition to a PL club you need an impressive track record in previous jobs and so far LJ has achieved bugger all.

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Imagine beating Wigan, and getting through to the 2nd round of the League Cup - scenes on here......

That's not the idea for this thread, Woodsy. Start your own glass-half-full-we're-by-far-the-greatest-team-the-only-way-is-up thread

Archived