IGNORED

The Lansdown Stand

Selred

58 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don't want to be disingenuous but does Jon Lansdown deserve this yet? 

In all seriousness he (Steve) should have had the stadium named after him. 

100% agree we should be grateful for all that the Lansdown family have given this club. We are extremely fortunate when you look around other clubs we're a stable club

Have really been marmite with the Lansdowns over the last few years .. Don't ask me why..!! But I Am so ecstatic now with what they have done and achieved its totally unbelievable.... Bristol through and through.. I am so proud to be a city fan ..  Thanks Jon

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

If you look really closely though you'll notice 'Hargreaves' in arial 8 pt, just after 'The'.

bloody sell outs.

Yeah... it's in a red font as well.

Now that I'm back, I'm surprised how quiet this thread is. Lovely stand and the name is perfect and SL was so classy stating it was named after his family and he was honoured but it looked bare. Maybe a lot are still out on holiday but I think they overpriced that stand and it showed. Guess you live and you learn but think they may have overthought that one a bit. Making your biggest stand your most expensive will make it look even more empty than a normal stand. 

He was in bits on the pitch trying to speak. A superb reaction from the crowd too. I said to my mate at the time, how many other football chairmen/owners/majority shareholders would have got that?

We are one lucky football club - Imagine the one of the Venkys on the pitch trying to milk it and what reaction they would get.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Now that I'm back, I'm surprised how quiet this thread is. Lovely stand and the name is perfect and SL was so classy stating it was named after his family and he was honoured but it looked bare. Maybe a lot are still out on holiday but I think they overpriced that stand and it showed. Guess you live and you learn but think they may have overthought that one a bit. Making your biggest stand your most expensive will make it look even more empty than a normal stand. 

Yeah I was close to buying in there but I think it £582, £200 more for being just slightly around the corner by a couple of blocks. If it had been upper tier, well I would have taken it like a shot - but I can understand not wanting to open it. One thing though, when looking at the season tickets for the WS., there were hardly any left, I really don;t understand all the empty spaces.

As for SL, shook his hand when he did a pre-match walk around the ground, guy deserves the recognition.

What a top, top guy SL is. 

To remain so genuinely humble with that level of wealth (self made) at your disposal displays class by the bucket load. 

Where would we be without him..? Maybe owned by some Jordanian who everybody thought had a lot more money than he actually did..?!

Although we might have had a new canopy built over old supporters club bar entrance and a clock up on the Atyeo roof..!

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So aren't there new changing rooms etc in the west stand? Id just assumed there would be and that's where the players would enter from now but it seems not!

Yes they aren't ready yet. Next game hopefully. 

Archived