IGNORED

Luke ayling

MC RISK77

I'm a big fan of Luke and would have him ahead of Little every week, but thought yesterday he looked hugely off the pace, couldn't complete simple passes at times, and made sloppy mistakes when trying to overlap with O'Dowda. Whether or not that partnership will develop with time and due to Matthews not being in the squad pre-season maybe he wasn't fit or in sync with the squad as much as LJ felt Ayling was, but I don't think it'll be long before Matthews starts at RB. Ayling grew into the game for sure, but can't see him being first choice unless he becomes calmer and more assured on the ball.

8 minutes ago, tezOfCity said:

I expect Matthews isn't fully match fit yet, can see him starting RB on tuesday, probably for 60 mins before being replaced. Also would expect Golbourne to start on the left.

True. Is Golbourne injured? Can't recall hearing anything. Bryan was great yesterday though.

No Golbourne just missed out, LJ said Matthews could play rb or lb for cover and he wanted more attacking options on the bench. Apparantly he told Golbourne that he'll "play in more games than he misses" so just take it on the chin and move on. Which sounds like good man management to me. 

I think that for quite a few games to come that it should be Matthews & O'Dowda on the right with Golbourne & Bryan in the left. I am not sure that we can afford to be so gung-ho as we were in the second half in the games against Norwich, Newcastle & Aston Villa.

Archived