IGNORED

Security issue

alandicks

We are new season ticket holders and have seats in the Dolman. Soaked up the atmosphere behind the South Stand then walked around behind the Dolman to find the turnstiles. On the way a fire door was open with some smokers outside. We entered through this door without being checked . I approached an official looking chap and explained how we had entered. He was very shocked and I fear for the bloke who was on the door that we entered through. Still didn't go through Ny turnstiles ! Just a thought that anyone could have got in that way and I hope security is tightened. Great day apart from that in a magnificent stadium.

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Thanks for telling potential terrorists how to gain access!

Well they can gain access easier by buying a match ticket. And as always the best thing to do with security flaws is to highlight them so they can be dealt with.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

Well they can gain access easier by buying a match ticket. And as always the best thing to do with security flaws is to highlight them so they can be dealt with.

True - they would have to get past the screen of searchers, who seemed to be INSIDE the Dolman yesterday - last season they were outside.  As I was one of the first in, I did not notice if there were also searchers outside as well.

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

True - they would have to get past the screen of searchers, who seemed to be INSIDE the Dolman yesterday - last season they were outside.  As I was one of the first in, I did not notice if there were also searchers outside as well.

I imagine they'd be the same searchers who pat you down in flight!

I think they stewards seem to be a bit randomly located. When I came in via South Stand turnstile nearest the Dolman, I didn't see anyone - usually there is a steward or two there making sure people get in (or don't get in) okay. Or maybe I'm just pretty blind and look non threatening so get left alone.

A recently closed RAF base I know had hugely impressive security fencing at the front and where it ran alongside public paths.  But if you walked through  a couple of fields round the back you could just step over a low fence.  They couldn't afford to put the big fence all the way around.  I know because I know the fencing contractor and he was fairly shocked at their approach to security.

There is a lot of lip service paid to security but it is reporting the holes in it as the OP has done that actually makes it work.

3 hours ago, jambodinho said:

How can they stop someone buying a cheap ticket and then walking round to the Lansdown Stand and sitting where they want??

if the seats in the Landsdown stand are full then there will be no where to sit.

If not then who does it hurt if they sit in an empty seat?

For one of the first times ever I wasn't approached for a bag search either inside or outside the stadium. I guess things were quite lapse inside to as a pissed up idiot arrived in the seats infront of me clutching his full pint of cider. He could hardly stand. Luckily for the old bloke he sat himself down beside the real owner of the seats came and turfed him out. He took his cider with him and happily drank it for the first part of the match, don't know what happened then, probably went and brought another up from the kiosks.

Archived