IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

10 hours ago, Dogbert said:

Just checked on the figures and the total available lower tier seats for home fans is 19,382 and Newcastle have sold around 2,500 so we currently have a guaranteed 21,882 before any sales in the upper tier.

Still 1,253 lower tier tickets available for Villa, got to be a decent chance of selling those and getting the upper open again

Q the announcement of 20,134 then! :grr:

33 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Definitely not as bigger draw as Newcastle, funny that considering Villa are a much more successful club.

And we haven't played 1982 European Cup winners Villa since '82, whereas Newcastle yaaaaaaawwwn we have played many times since then. 

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Just copy the link and paste it in. After a few seconds, it picks up the Tweet, shows it and hit Submit. 

Not sure if it works on the mobile forum skin.

It does work via mobile (iPhone) for me, same process.

Just now, NYTRAM said:

BREAKING: An initial allocation of 1,000 Lansdown Stand upper tier tickets for the Newcastle game will go on sale from 11am. #BRCvNEW

Just testing to see if this works.

You need to copy the link to the tweet, not the actual text in the tweet.

‎Hurrah!

Lansdown Stand here I come, easy as you like (I assume it won't cancel my season card from working in South Stand tho')

15‎/‎08‎/‎2016: Buy Tickets - 1 tickets to Bristol City v Newcastle United 20/08/2016 15:00:00
‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2016: Buy Tickets - 1 tickets to Bristol City v Newcastle United 20/08/2016 15:00:00

Just went online to buy three tickets for my brother, niece and nephew. The website kept giving an error message when I tried to proceed to the payment page (it said 'payment not completed' despite not even giving me the chance to pay on the merchant acquirer's payment page). Eventually my 20 minutes expired despite around 10 attempts to proceed with the transaction. Have just re-tried using Google Chrome instead of internet explorer, with three different seats - and thankfully it worked this time - but did anyone else get a problem on the payment page? Why is nothing ever straightforward when it comes to ticketing for a high profile match?

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

In what other form of entertainment would you pay £38 for a seat in the gods?

Although that is the only option left now (due to demand) you could have bought a cheaper ticket elsewhere before today. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Although that is the only option left now (due to demand) you could have bought a cheaper ticket elsewhere before today. 

Still scandalous mate which ever way you look at it. But hey aslong as people keep buying em the club will keep milking it! 

Just now, bris red said:

Still scandalous mate which ever way you look at it. But hey aslong as people keep buying em the club will keep milking it! 

Do I think that £38 is a lot? Yes. 

Could people have bought other tickets prior to today? Yes

Could people still buy tickets for less than that today? Yes. 

Is that price stopping people buying..? I guess we will find out over the next couple of days. 

If all available tickets sell out, is it overpriced? Probably not. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Do I think that £38 is a lot? Yes. 

Could people have bought other tickets prior to today? Yes

Could people still buy tickets for less than that today? Yes. 

Is that price stopping people buying..? I guess we will find out over the next couple of days. 

If all available tickets sell out, is it overpriced? Probably not. 

What kind of logic is that? 

And I couldn't find any cheaper tickets.

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Perhaps, but the fact still remains that £38 is too much money for a Championship fixture. Football has lost touch with reality

It's not "fact" though, is it? It's opinion. 

If they sell out then it's not TOO much. 

Cheaper tickets WERE available. It was your choice not to buy one before. 

I bought my mum tickets to go and see Billy Elliott at the Hippodrome and they were £50 each. 

For me, £38 (or less) to watch one of our biggest games of the season is not TOO much. 

If people think it is, then they won't go. If the prices stop people going then the club will have to look at them, or people will have to buy the cheaper tickets which were available all of last week. 

I don't think people can blame the club for them not being STH/members or not buying cheaper tickets when they were available. 

Archived