IGNORED

Wycombe Team

elhombrecito

19 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Ha I'm joking, but you're right JET playing 180 minutes in 3days.... What???

To be fair, most people could play 180 minutes if they stood in one spot and didn't run about much (incoming.....)

Just kidding - miss you JET and an absolute quality signing for Gillingham.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Yep.

Barnsley (must be some mistake surely)

Birmingham

Sheff. W

Brentford

Ipswich

Wigan

Rotherham

Huddersfield

All lost to L1 or L2 teams.

A scrappy 1-0 win tonight doesn't sound too bad after that list..

There will inevitably be some very interesting ties when the draw hits tomorrow.

I'm pretty pleased so many Championship sides are gone; I'd far rather play either a top-tier or lower tier side.  

Our record against either type of team in cups might not be great, but either the 'money spinner' that allows us some early season excitement, and a boost to the players, or a winnable game (so long as we focus...) with a higher chance at a later round would suit.

Christ; I just can't get over the fact we've even just managed to get in the hat, let alone the permutations of who we'll play!  

9 minutes ago, chowie said:

From tonights results and more fixtures tomorrow, it looks like we will not be seeded.

Teams will learn the identity of their opponents immediately after the conclusion of the match between League Two Luton Town and Championship side Aston Villa at approximately 10.00pm. 

EFL teams that progress from Round One will be joined by Premier League sides not competing in Europe this season.  

The 13 top flight teams – including Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton – will be seeded, along with the Championship’s Newcastle United and Norwich City plus 10 winners from the opening round of fixtures. 

In the event that Liverpool are drawn at home in Round Two then they will be given special dispensation by the EFL Board to play the fixture at the opposing club due to the ongoing redevelopment work at Anfield Stadium. 

If the draw dictates this is required then the EFL Board will determine a level of compensation to be paid by Liverpool to the opposing club.  

An EFL spokesman said: “The Board of the EFL carefully considered a request from Liverpool and felt that in these particular circumstances it was wholly appropriate to agree to a fixture reversal.”

So as Cardiff play the Gas after the draw, I guess they will not be seeded :dunno:

How do they decide the ten winners that are seeded from tonight? Where they finished last year? On that basis, we must be right on the cusp.

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

How do they decide the ten winners that are seeded from tonight? Where they finished last year? On that basis, we must be right on the cusp.

That's what AB seemed to indicate on the Radio, if that's true I think we will be top/top 3 of the non seeds. 

Just got home from the game, I live in Maidenhead.

Very strange performance, didn't look cohesive at all but still had flashes of good play, most of which seemed to involve Freeman or Reid.

Abraham was a class above anything on the pitch and got close to a few Tomlin through balls, once they click it will be a fruitful partnership.

The substitutions seemed to transform the game for the worse. Arnie Garita looks like a competition winner and the rest of the team didn't seem to trust him and often avoided passing to him. Little looked fast but made a couple of loose passes. Bryan didn't really affect the game either.

All in all, it was a performance where we wouldn't have been able to grumble if Wycombe had equalised. However, we won and clearly have many more gears to move through. O'Donnell deserves a few beers tonight.

Finally, a mention for Akinfenwa. Never seen a player play with such a smile on his face and his banter with the City fans was great. I can imagine that the Wycombe fans will love him.

9 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I think it's the 13 prem teams etc that are seeded and the winners of the games involving last seasons top 10 of the championship. So I believe we could get gas if they win as cardiff finished in the remaining top 10 of the championship. 

Would that make sense? Cambidge being seeded for instance?

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Going to mk apparently.

Ah, ta, not caught that.

Just looking at their forum, they are reporting he was introduced at their game tonight, so looks certain.

Bit worried how light that might leave us if we pick up an injury. Unless we have one more in line, personally would have liked to have kept either him or Burns here. Garita sounds like he is a million miles away.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Wonder if Arnie Garita actually touched the ball?

Anyone there confirm?

A couple of touches but was poor. Best touch took down a pass and pulled inside one of the centre backs but didn't have the pace or control to accelerate clear of the other centre back. Another touch to hold up the ball and lay back on the left wing was neat. And finally at the final whistle, guarded the ball by the corner flag. But other than that struggled to get into the game, was too easily muscled off the ball for a guy of his size, and didn't read the diagonal run when Reid tried to play him through on goal, and had a hissy fit with Reid. I think he's a nice guy who wants to do well and admittedly the service was mostly poor all night (don't think he had a single cross, odd given we brought him and two wingbacks on) but he's very raw and way off the level. 

7 hours ago, Olé said:

A couple of touches but was poor. Best touch took down a pass and pulled inside one of the centre backs but didn't have the pace or control to accelerate clear of the other centre back. Another touch to hold up the ball and lay back on the left wing was neat. And finally at the final whistle, guarded the ball by the corner flag. But other than that struggled to get into the game, was too easily muscled off the ball for a guy of his size, and didn't read the diagonal run when Reid tried to play him through on goal, and had a hissy fit with Reid. I think he's a nice guy who wants to do well and admittedly the service was mostly poor all night (don't think he had a single cross, odd given we brought him and two wingbacks on) but he's very raw and way off the level. 

Thanks Rob.

Spoke to Red Exile on Saturday who saw him play at Hungerford and he said he'd be amazed if he featured for us this season on that showing.

Clearly a "work in progress" but would not be surprised if that is his sole first team outing for a very long while.

7 hours ago, Olé said:

i don't think he will ever be championship standard sadly, hope I'm proved wrong,

With the windfall coming from everton I expect us to add 3 more players before the end of the window, 2 being strikers and a defender

Archived