IGNORED

Ticket Purchase

RedRock

Can I just compliment the Club on having the ****** worst 'state of the art' ticket system in the universe.

Tried at least a dozen times to purchase Villa tickets at various times today. On each occasion thrown out with 'transaction process not completed try again'. Tell you what, **** off the cretin who designed/bought this system. Beyond dire.

• Admin
13 hours ago, HengroveRed said:

"Members can log in and purchase tickets from 10.00am" Is this "Members " not season ticket holders with Forever Bristol membership built in or have they not included it in the  deal.? Bit confused .

@HengroveRed You can't be both - only one or the other

With a season card the forever Bristol membership is INCLUDED, hence why they are also the first priority no sales

Those who are not season card holders but are Bristol membership holders are second priority

Then they are general sale

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

@HengroveRed You can't be both - only one or the other

With a season card the forever Bristol membership is INCLUDED, hence why they are also the first priority no sales

Those who are not season card holders but are Bristol membership holders are second priority

Then they are general sale

In that case im really confused! Im a season card plus holder, logging on to Bristol Sport to buy a City ticket (against Villa) for a friend and there is no option to buy! Am I just stupid or do I need to wait until general sale? 

• Admin
25 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

In that case im really confused! Im a season card plus holder, logging on to Bristol Sport to buy a City ticket (against Villa) for a friend and there is no option to buy! Am I just stupid or do I need to wait until general sale? 

@RUSSEL85 The plus part is just around the extra discounts we get (as a kind of reward for renewing our tickets from last season)

Yeah - you have to wait for general sale

32 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

It is one ticket per member. As a Season ticket holder you already have yours as your season ticket, so you have to wait till general.

And for what it is worth I find the online system good. A little confusing when it came to renewing my Atyeo seat that no longer existed due to the segregation move but ultimately fine. 

8 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It is one ticket per member. As a Season ticket holder you already have yours as your season ticket, so you have to wait till general.

And for what it is worth I find the online system good. A little confusing when it came to renewing my Atyeo seat that no longer existed due to the segregation move but ultimately fine. 

I have had no issues at all with the online system, my view so far is that it has been excellent (not everyone will share my view). I will wait until general sale, Thanks for clearing that up.

Also worth pointing out (as experienced by one poster yesterday) that there is an issue if you log on as a ST holder and try to buy a ticket for a family member who has a Forever Bristol membership linked to your account. The system assumes you are not eligible to buy yet as an ST holder and blocks purchase, but it also prevents you buying a ticket for the associated family member! Club are looking into it, in the meantime log in using your family member's supporter number and your/his postcode in lower case as the password.

Tried again. Same message. Assumed the system doesn't work with iPads as its near impossible to get the seat link to work, but is impossible to pay for a transaction.  So back to low tech. Phoned. After 10 minutes gave up.

A 45 minutes PoD queue and missing the first half is more enjoyable than this. 

City - this is truly hopeless. Absolute shambles. 

6 minutes ago, KevP said:

Cant even find the bleedin link ???

Cleverly, if you go to the Bristol City website it just gives you a pdf with prices but no link to buy a ticket.

Sneakily, I went to the Bristol Sport website which if you 'login' (and you have to 'login' otherwise it takes you to the pdf page with no link on to buy tickets) does take you to the start of the buying process. Don't celebrate to quickly. Using an iPad means about 30 attempts to press on the block you want to sit in, once you've passed that hurdle, it shows the block about 3 along from where you want to be ... but you can manually override that. I won't go into the payment process! But buttons with no labels, impossible to complete the process just several of many issues. 

Think this is all part of a cunning plan to keep attendances as low as possible. 

Still annoys me a bit why so many season ticket holders seem to think they can buy a ticket for a mate who has invested nothing in the club at the same time as members who have paid for the privilege of priority access. Tell your mates to buy a membership - it's a very good scheme and pays back in 4 games!

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still annoys me a bit why so many season ticket holders seem to think they can buy a ticket for a mate who has invested nothing in the club at the same time as members who have paid for the privilege of priority access. Tell your mates to buy a membership - it's a very good scheme and pays back in 4 games!

In fairness they only think this as season tickets are sold as including a forever Bristol membership... Not that their membership is in fact their season ticket. Its all in the way it's written. 

Its only the 2nd full season of having memberships it not surprising people are confused as to what it entitles them too when it's worded that way.

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

In fairness they only think this as season tickets are sold as including a forever Bristol membership... Not that their membership is in fact their season ticket. Its all in the way it's written. 

Its only the 2nd full season of having memberships it not surprising people are confused as to what it entitles them too when it's worded that way.

That's fair comment. It just seems obvious to me that you wouldn't let STH buy for mates - it would seriously devalue the membership scheme and discourage people from joining.

13 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

That is the reason I wanted to buy one, he lives in Dorset and likes the club alot and was looking forward to seeing a game. Its certainly not an entitlement issue.I just find the wording a little confusing.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That's fair comment. It just seems obvious to me that you wouldn't let STH buy for mates - it would seriously devalue the membership scheme and discourage people from joining.

Now you say that, it makes sense but thought your initial message came across a little harsh......................it has been a long day mind! :P

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Apologies, harshness not intended. As a member I'm just quite possessive about our rights!

It does make sense now, i would be p****d if someone did that to me and I was member and didnt get first dibs. Seems like there is much interest in the two games, be nice to have around 20,000+ crowd.

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Cleverly, if you go to the Bristol City website it just gives you a pdf with prices but no link to buy a ticket.

Sneakily, I went to the Bristol Sport website which if you 'login' (and you have to 'login' otherwise it takes you to the pdf page with no link on to buy tickets) does take you to the start of the buying process. Don't celebrate to quickly. Using an iPad means about 30 attempts to press on the block you want to sit in, once you've passed that hurdle, it shows the block about 3 along from where you want to be ... but you can manually override that. I won't go into the payment process! But buttons with no labels, impossible to complete the process just several of many issues. 

Think this is all part of a cunning plan to keep attendances as low as possible. 

Cheers but all I get still when I log in to BS is the flyer/info...no link, nothing. UTTER JOKE BRISTOL SPORT !!!!!

People of Bristol.

After 24 hours of trying via iPad and phone, I have bought my tickets. 

Lessons learnt is that our 'state of the art' ticket system doesn't work on iPads.

Phone people seem confused as well - once you get through - which is a first. Apparently, they are sending out new Member cards which is why they thought I was having issues - notwithstanding the fact they told me previously (after they phoned me telling me I was a new season ticket holder!) last season's were being re-activated and new cards wouldn't be sent out. Seemingly, you can't download your purchase to your old Member card. 

Hopefully, my £1 booking fee ( plus £1 postal charge - who would trust anything automated at AG) will contribute to a new 'very state of the art' system. Maybe they ought to set up a specific charitable fund #onlineticketing@BristolSport to improve service to our sporting community.

Frankly the whole process has been pretty pathetic. How can they have a live system without testing on various platforms is beyond me.

21 hours ago, phantom said:

@RUSSEL85 The plus part is just around the extra discounts we get (as a kind of reward for renewing our tickets from last season)

Yeah - you have to wait for general sale

Hi Phantom....so as a season card holder, are we able to purchase on line now or wait for general sale...your initial response seems to indicate we can buy now as priority with membership included with our season cards, rather than wait for general sale ??:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, KevP said:

Hi Phantom....so as a season card holder, are we able to purchase on line now or wait for general sale...your initial response seems to indicate we can buy now as priority with membership included with our season cards, rather than wait for general sale ??:thumbsup:

Each member is entitled to ONE ticket before general sale. If you have a season ticket, that is your one ticket and you cannot buy more till general sale. 

Tried booking on BS website this morning for Newcastle as am a forever member and got as far as selecting seat and site wouldn't go on to next stage so rang up and booked over the phone 

think they need to get their website sorted because if the phone lines are busy then people will soon get pissed off

Archived