IGNORED

Tammy or Kodjia

AshtonGreat

11 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Ignoring the fact that the title sounds a bit like Tamagotchi, two simple questions:

1. Which of the two will score more goals for us this season?

2. Which will be the better player in two years from now?

1. Kodjia

2. Tammy

I saw the Wycombe game and based on what I have seen to date, I would stake a fair amount of cash that Tammy will outscore Kodjia if he is given the same amount of game time. The key difference for me is that Tammy will take a much higher percentage of his chances.

Kodjia when he is not off side, needs 3 or 4 decent chances to score a goal... I suspect Tammy is going to be nearer to a goal every 2 chances (early days I know, but thats my view)

edited a typo!

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

What would be the chances of signing him IF we got promoted?

Improved but still low I'd suspect. Agree with @DaveF that should he be successful with us and score 15+ then Chelsea would look to loan him to a lower Prem side for the 2017/18 season.  If we were that side then happy days.

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

I'd imagine zero.

We might get him on loan again though...

I could see his career being a little bit like Daniel Sturridge's.  A few successful loans, frustration with Chelsea, sold to a mid to low Prem side.  Hope he's not as injury prone though.

Tammy is suddenly special because he scored against a tiring Wigan defence and Wycombe?!

The kid is clearly talented as he wouldn't be at Chelsea otherwise....but all this "special" talk is slightly over the top.

For me Kodjia creates chances out of nothing, if he took all of them he would be at a top prem club....he doesn't, but for me I would have Kodjia.

Personally feel them playing together up top COULD be very exciting

16 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Tammy is suddenly special because he scored against a tiring Wigan defence and Wycombe?!

The kid is clearly talented as he wouldn't be at Chelsea otherwise....but all this "special" talk is slightly over the top.

For me Kodjia creates chances out of nothing, if he took all of them he would be at a top prem club....he doesn't, but for me I would have Kodjia.

Personally feel them playing together up top COULD be very exciting

He didn't just score against the Wigan defence, he terrorised them, every time he was on the ball he looked a threat. They simply had no answer to him. Wasn't at Wycombe so won't comment there, but its patently obvious to anyone who watched him on Saturday that he has something about him. 

Calling him special may be premature, but- and while I'm not one of those calling him special, yet- I can see why some people are. He scored a goal every 77 minutes on average last season in the youth leagues, that's a ridiculous rate. And he's currently on something like a goal every 45 minutes for us, even if one of those was actually Magnusson and even though it is early days 

21 minutes ago, City169 said:

He didn't just score against the Wigan defence, he terrorised them, every time he was on the ball he looked a threat. They simply had no answer to him. Wasn't at Wycombe so won't comment there, but its patently obvious to anyone who watched him on Saturday that he has something about him. 

Calling him special may be premature, but- and while I'm not one of those calling him special, yet- I can see why some people are. He scored a goal every 77 minutes on average last season in the youth leagues, that's a ridiculous rate. And he's currently on something like a goal every 45 minutes for us, even if one of those was actually Magnusson and even though it is early days 

Kodjia and O'Dowda terrorised them too....personally thought he was excellent when he came on....but worth noting against a team already on the ropes and their legs gone.

from what I have seen he has made an excellent start. But you can't start calling people special on the basis of 2 games against Wigan and Wycombe. 

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

Kodjia and O'Dowda terrorised them too....personally thought he was excellent when he came on....but worth noting against a team already on the ropes and their legs gone.

from what I have seen he has made an excellent start. But you can't start calling people special on the basis of 2 games against Wigan and Wycombe. 

I saw enough in 25 minutes last Saturday to know this boy is special.  Whether he delivers consistently is another thing.

He did things on and off the ball that you don't see in an 18 year old striker playing 'men's' football.  From the YouTube clips I'd seen prior to Wigan, I expected a gangly, somewhat awkward player, tall for his age, but who'd not grown into his body, who'd be on the periphery of things, with the odd flash of ability given space and time....a rare commodity in the EFL.

When have we seen an 18 year old lead the line, which is what he did when he came on at any level?  Rarely I'd say.  Can't think of anyone to be honest.

LJ needs to keep him on the straight and narrow, let him develop, tell him to avoid lunging in on full backs too.  Don't play him every game either, rest him when it's right too.

I'm convinced.

Sometimes in any sport you can witness something special from the start. I don't think it's unfair for people saying he's special. Take into account he's barely played senior football, his age and the fact he's only been here a week now I think it's safe to say he has a very bright future with us and as a whole. 

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I saw enough in 25 minutes last Saturday to know this boy is special.  Whether he delivers consistently is another thing.

He did things on and off the ball that you don't see in an 18 year old striker playing 'men's' football.  From the YouTube clips I'd seen prior to Wigan, I expected a gangly, somewhat awkward player, tall for his age, but who'd not grown into his body, who'd be on the periphery of things, with the odd flash of ability given space and time....a rare commodity in the EFL.

When have we seen an 18 year old lead the line, which is what he did when he came on at any level?  Rarely I'd say.  Can't think of anyone to be honest.

LJ needs to keep him on the straight and narrow, let him develop, tell him to avoid lunging in on full backs too.  Don't play him every game either, rest him when it's right too.

I'm convinced.

Last time I remember a player Tammys age making such an impact was Rooney.

Before someone twists what I'm saying, I am not suggesting Tammy will be as good as Rooney, or better, or worse. Just that he is the last person I remember making such an impact at that age.

1 minute ago, City169 said:

Last time I remember a player Tammys age making such an impact was Rooney.

Before someone twists what I'm saying, I am not suggesting Tammy will be as good as Rooney, or better, or worse. Just that he is the last person I remember making such an impact at that age.

Agree, but not on debut.  :P 

(didn't see Rooney's debut)

He made his debut on the opening day of the 2002/03 campaign against Tottenham Hotspur at Goodison Park, and then became Everton's youngest ever goalscorer when he netted against Wrexham in the Worthington Cup.

His first Premier League strike will never be forgotten - a dipping 25-yard shot against Arsenal at Goodison on 19 October 2002, five days before his 17th birthday!

source:some website

Archived