IGNORED

Dalian Atkinson - Dead after being Tasered

Olé

51 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Will wait for the enquiry before passing judgement. However tasers, like plastic bullets, ASPs and water cannons are described as non lethal but all can kill and all can cause a huge amount of damage to person.

As can the person that these implements are designed to 'neutralise', they are not fool proof and cannot detect any physical defect that the person it's being aimed at may be suffering. 

I like everybody else don't know the circumstances of this incident and the officer will have to ensure that he followed procedures before using the taser but I suppose it's just like everything else in life, what do we allow police officers to use in the event of stopping somebody so intent on causing physical harm to others and not responding to reason?.

Edit:- RIP Dalian Atkinson very sad indeed.

I remember Karren Brady remarking to Ron Atkinson whilst manager at Villa "I see your son Dalian is the team, is that difficult?".

Very sad.

Strangely I thought about him a few weeks ago in one of those "I wonder what happened to so and so player" moments from an era when football wasn't as fashionable as it is now.

As others said he was a real talent when his head was right and whatever the circumstances 48 is no age to die.

RIP

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

.... a bit of a 'whoops' moment there Super, easy done, obviously unintended...

Sad news for all concerned regardless of circumstances.

I know mate certainly wasn't meant like that, Mods feel free to remove my post.

Archived