IGNORED

Hodors' goal

tezOfCity

12 minutes ago, tezOfCity said:

Did anyone get paid out on a bet on abraham to score in that game? And would you be able to reverse a losing bet had you bet on magnusson to score?

Nope!!!! WH won't overturn my bet on Magnusson as they settle in accordance with who the Press Asc credit goal to!!

My Brother and I celebrated the goal with extra vigor as Magnusson celebrated in front of us (our 14/1 & potentially 40/1 punt in the bag) only to be totally stunned when the tannoy announced TA as the goalscorer :grr:

The club have likely crunched some numbers and realised that if Tammy continues at the current rate they'll be bankrupt by Christmas based on his goal scoring bonus.

Palming a few of his efforts on to a defender when we've failed to keep a clean sheet probably gives us until late January before he cripples us financially!

28 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Nope!!!! WH won't overturn my bet on Magnusson as they settle in accordance with who the Press Asc credit goal to!!

My Brother and I celebrated the goal with extra vigor as Magnusson celebrated in front of us (our 14/1 & potentially 40/1 punt in the bag) only to be totally stunned when the tannoy announced TA as the goalscorer :grr:

Surely that cannot be legal? You bet on something to happen, it did, and you lose?

5 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I like him more and more everyday

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Surely that cannot be legal? You bet on something to happen, it did, and you lose?

Don't know if it's still the case, but betting debts were (apparently) debts of honour and not legally enforceable.

Granted, I night have made that up but it rings a bell.

22 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I like him more and more everyday

Loved the tweet from a fan on Saturday night which said along the lines of... I wish my GF looked at me like you look at the city fans!! He really does seem to love it here & has a great sense of humour for a foreigner!!!

22 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Loved the tweet from a fan on Saturday night which said along the lines of... I wish my GF looked at me like you look at the city fans!! He really does seem to love it here & has a great sense of humour for a foreigner!!!

Someone was wanting to drink his bath water today which he seems to have liked....

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very difficult to be so articulate and humorous in a second or third language, seems like a great guy. 

I went to Iceland last year and every one of them seem to speak better English than the majority of Bristolians.

Really nice place and plenty to do. Would recommend it to anyone... buy the duty free though if you're planning to drink.

Archived