IGNORED

Minutes applause when we play Villa - please read

Red Army 75

An inspirational, heartwarming story and a wonderful touch by Stan and, if it comes off, by both sets of fans.

Just a word, though, about the timing of the minute's applause.

The original article refers to the late Will Falck being 23 when he died, hence a minute's applause in the 23rd minute, but the Birmingham Mail's article says he was 24 and that a minute's applause is scheduled for the 24th minute.

I hope this might be clarified in any pre-match announcement by the club, although perhaps such a deserving cause warrants two minutes' applause just to be on the safe side.  

I lost a sister at the same age, it's something the people left behind never truly get over, believe me. Life is gut wrenching, unbelievably cruel and incomprehensible sometimes. I hope people will join in in remembering him. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

1 minute ago, Tim S said:

Before we can do any announcements of any kind, can we please clarify.... is it 23 minutes or 24 minutes? 

Because Ive seen so many different versions! 

We can only do anything if we are 100% sure the facts are right 

I just hope that the new bloke on the Mic doesn't try and get everyone to 'make some noise' when the time comes.

9 hours ago, Tim S said:

Before we can do any announcements of any kind, can we please clarify.... is it 23 minutes or 24 minutes? 

Because Ive seen so many different versions! 

We can only do anything if we are 100% sure the facts are right 

The 24th, it was initially going round saying the 23rd but his family are trying to correct everyone telling them it's the 24th.

Archived