IGNORED

FIFA 17

WRERE

13 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I played it last year and it was alright for a bit, but as usual with Fifa you quickly work out a tactic against the computer that makes it easy to score, even on legendary. Also all AI controlled teams play in the exact same way which is a bit of a shame.

With regards to licensing I think people release packs that give everyone their correct name pretty quickly?

Yeah you can get third party update files I think but I prefer something that I don't have to piss around with. 

I hate playing the CPU in any game, and FIFA is terrible as it it's just so unrealistic. You ramp up the difficulty and have teams like Rochdale with 95% passing accuracy etc, playing football that barca would be proud of!

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I hate playing the CPU in any game, and FIFA is terrible as it it's just so unrealistic. You ramp up the difficulty and have teams like Rochdale with 95% passing accuracy etc, playing football that barca would be proud of!

This, although there's only so much they can do I'd rather they park the bus & counter in situations like this.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah you can get third party update files I think but I prefer something that I don't have to piss around with. 

If Rochdale were a world class team, I'd expect them to have 95% passing accuracy...

I enjoy taking a 4th tier club or a lower league foreign club for a few seasons on career mode - don't play it often enough to be any good or devote any time to FUT

Looking forward to the new career mode, just hope there's enough 'extra' stuff without taking away from the purpose of the game

3 hours ago, solihull cider red said:

If Rochdale were a world class team, I'd expect them to have 95% passing accuracy...

I enjoy taking a 4th tier club or a lower league foreign club for a few seasons on career mode - don't play it often enough to be any good or devote any time to FUT

Looking forward to the new career mode, just hope there's enough 'extra' stuff without taking away from the purpose of the game

My point was that there is no subtlety as to how EA govern the difficulty of the game. You can play Man Utd or you can play Rochdale and they will basically play exactly the same football when controlled by the CPU deapite a humungous gulf in the stats of the relevant players. 

I didn't bother with FIFA last year, the obsession with FUT over tangible improvements to the career modes depth seems to be an ongoing trend, with the journey mode getting the love this time around.

Theres NEVER been a better time for PES to win over grizzled old veterans like myself who want some intelligence to the game, but in the hands of Konami I don't see a bright future for the franchise.

Anyone been playing the beta on here? Iv been playing and I can say I'm not buying it!

I wasn't bad on Fifa 16 always around division 3 and 4....but on this one I'm getting smashed every game...it's impossible to defend ...favours the gamers who do tricks every second! Can't seem to get into it at all...is it changed on controls because u get no tutorial...

I'll be trying pes this year I think for the first time in years because this new Fifa isn't realistic and really frustrating to play ...

1 hour ago, prankerd said:

Anyone been playing the beta on here? Iv been playing and I can say I'm not buying it!

I wasn't bad on Fifa 16 always around division 3 and 4....but on this one I'm getting smashed every game...it's impossible to defend ...favours the gamers who do tricks every second! Can't seem to get into it at all...is it changed on controls because u get no tutorial...

I'll be trying pes this year I think for the first time in years because this new Fifa isn't realistic and really frustrating to play ...

That's always how it tends to be on the demos/betas. Gameplay is often harder and not actually finished. 

Just incase anyone is interested. Fifa 17 ratings. From EA web app.

Goalkeepers: 

Richard O'Donnell - 68

Frankie Fielding - 67

Ivan Lucic - 56

Right Backs: 

Mark Little - 68

Adam Matthews - 72

Centre Backs: 

Aden Flint - 71

Hordur Magnusson - 68

Taylor Moore - 62

Joel Ekstrand - *Not Available*

Left Backs:

Scott Golbourne - 71

Joe Bryan - 69

Midfielders: 

Korey Smith - 69

Marlon Pack - 69

Luke Freeman - 69

Bobby Reid - 66

Josh Brownhill - 63

Gary O'Neil - 70

Lee Tomlin - 72

Callum O'Dowda - 66

Jamie Patterson - 68

Diego De Girolamo - 60

Forwards: 

Aaron Wilbraham - 66

Tammy Abraham - 67

Gustav Engvall - 68

On Loan:

Wes Burns - 65

George Dowling - *Not Available*

Max O'Leary - 57

Jonny Smith - 57

Zak Vyner - 60

Past Players - Left Summer 2016

Adam El Abd - 65

Luke Ayling - 69

Kieron Agard - 68

Derrick Williams - 68

Jonathan Kodjia - 73

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Not great ratings gotta say I was annoyed when I saw them. Especially Tammy. I've already got the team on the web app though, probably see how high up I can get with them. 

How'd freeman get an upgrade? Tammy I can understand because hasn't played much first team football before us. They do updates throughout the season but do tend to forget the lower leagues. Everything else seems about right for Fifa. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

How'd freeman get an upgrade? Tammy I can understand because hasn't played much first team football before us. They do updates throughout the season but do tend to forget the lower leagues. Everything else seems about right for Fifa. 

Ratings are always a bit weird cause freeman was a CM last year now he's CAM so maybe his stats have gone down but because they're more suited to a CAM his rating has gone up

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Ratings are always a bit weird cause freeman was a CM last year now he's CAM so maybe his stats have gone down but because they're more suited to a CAM his rating has gone up

True. I like a good career mode. Im more interested in potential ratings anyway and I think a few of these will have decent ones. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Tammy must have an insane potential rating in career mode surely?!

Tammy as of the last update of Fifa 16 had about an 82 potential which is a good one for an 18 year old that hasn't played more than a few minutes of senior football. Can't see it being any higher while he's at a championship club though. 

Don't think people quite grasp FIFA ratings. O'Neil would have good stats but not ones that boost his overall rating too much (stamina, short passing, vision) whereas they're never going to rate Abraham much higher considering he hasn't played many senior games.

The important rating is the potential, which will probably be over 80 for Abraham.

Tammy has 84 potential which is quite good. His movement stats leave a little to be desired though. Moore has a 79 potential which is outstanding for the championship. Many others in the mid 70s. It'll be a good career mode for those interested. Won't find many championship squads with this many young promising players. Only Hordor I thought was low at 74 but not too far off(77 for Fifa for me). 

Archived