IGNORED

City fan wins gold at Rio Olympics last night!

Jack Dawe

Great work Lily Owsley (she's one of our own). Pretty impressive stuff from the GB hockey women. And with a penalty shoot-out win too.

I hope Miss Owsley will be asked to parade her gold medal before a big crowd at AG on her return from Rio? Not sure there are too many other gold medal winning Bristolians, there's #makingbristol proud for you!

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have seen a few tweets about her, does she also have a connection within club? 

Check her twitter! Season ticket holder, according to an article on her in The Telegraph last week (in which she says she "loves Bristol.") Bit of a sports nut by looks of it (her dad's a rugger bugger though) and lots of City related tweets and retweets on her twitter, including a pic of her in a City top. 

I think Lily Owsley will be lighting up in the Dolman concourse ceiling fairly soon (if she isn't already).

Is there another Bristol born olympic gold medallist?

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have seen a few tweets about her, does she also have a connection within club? 

Her Mum, Jen, works for the Academy I believe. LJ was also tweeting about it last night as well as JL who previously played for the Hockey club it seems

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

#Spirit of St Trinians

Got to say that's been the most enjoyable gold i've seen us win this olympics. Toughed it out and took our chances against a quality side. 

If only the England football team showed as much backbone.and we had Maddie Hinch in goal

I don't know about Maddie, we just had Mad David James!

36 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Check her twitter! Season ticket holder, according to an article on her in The Telegraph last week (in which she says she "loves Bristol.") Bit of a sports nut by looks of it (her dad's a rugger bugger though) and lots of City related tweets and retweets on her twitter, including a pic of her in a City top. 

I think Lily Owsley will be lighting up in the Dolman concourse ceiling fairly soon (if she isn't already).

Is there another Bristol born olympic gold medallist?

She already has her picture there!

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Great work Lily Owsley (she's one of our own). Pretty impressive stuff from the GB hockey women. And with a penalty shoot-out win too.

I hope Miss Owsley will be asked to parade her gold medal before a big crowd at AG on her return from Rio? Not sure there are too many other gold medal winning Bristolians, there's #makingbristol proud for you!

Listening to the radio commentary, they were explaining how the team are coached to concentrate on processes not outcomes!!

Perhaps that bloke was on to something after all...

Or perhaps not.

Archived