IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Hazelboy

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don't, as Flint has looked a good defensive player in the Championship. He may not be the best footballer but his defensive qualities and ability at corners compensates  for this. If the rest of the team are "cultured", all he has to do when he get the ball is pass it to them and let them get on with it. 

and in the meantime win virtually every header and score a few. 

The post suggesting Flint could be on his way out completely baffled me. Sometimes, I really think we get ahead of ourselves.

58 minutes ago, Welshback said:

I really hope you're not suggesting that Flint isn't good enough for us anymore.

Flint has been outstanding for the past three seasons, just about every team in the Championship would be more than happy to sign him up. I really hope Flint is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Welshback said:

I really hope you're not suggesting that Flint isn't good enough for us anymore.

No I'm not, the inverted commas were there for a reason.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I don't, as Flint has looked a good defensive player in the Championship. He may not be the best footballer but his defensive qualities and ability at corners compensates  for this. If the rest of the team are "cultured", all he has to do when he get the ball is pass it to them and let them get on with it. 

Well, we'll see. I don't doubt Flint's ability at all but you'd have expected a back-up to be signed for right-centre rather than someone with so much potential.

17 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Well, we'll see. I don't doubt Flint's ability at all but you'd have expected a back-up to be signed for right-centre rather than someone with so much potential.

I really don't get this mentality of back up players. If you want the squad to get better then you need to sign better players or players with the potential to push and overtake whoever  has the shirt at the moment. We have to get out of this mindset. If we don't keep progressing we'll go backwards. 

22 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Moore is a young player there to put pressure on Flint but will probably initially fill in at right-back, don't really see a problem?

Great name for a centre half. He shares half of it with my all time favourite City centre half, the other half with England's greatest ever centre half, if not greatest player. With a name like that he already has my hopes up that he could be something very special!

1 minute ago, zombie said:

Great name for a centre half. He shares half of it with my all time favourite City centre half, the other half with England's greatest ever centre half, if not greatest player. With a name like that he already has my hopes up that he could be something very special!

But I still see that tackle by Moore,
And when Abraham scored,
Tomlin belting the ball,
And Kodjia Dancing...
Hashtags on our shirt…

23 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Which, in theory, with the players we have could be a very good idea & would allow us to utilise the squad well but it would ask questions as to where O'Dowda would be used?

He's played left back/wing back for a bit on Saturday didn't he?

So signed on a three year deal, seems an excellent piece of business if the £1.5m fee is to be believed, similar price to O'Dowda and again a player who we can develop and potentially sell on/stay with us. Competition for Flint and ability to play right back, french speaking and has captained England U19's, exciting prospect all round.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Moore is a young player there to put pressure on Flint but will probably initially fill in at right-back, don't really see a problem?

Uh huh, or he's ready already and signing someone of his obvious calibre could be the first sign in getting ready for a post-Flint world. I don't know, but it is possible, like I said.

I'm not sure we will see a return to 3-5-2 regularly but it's not necessarily a bad thing if they do adopt it.

The formation and tactics that Cotterill used were completely appropriate when we had better players than the rest of the division and could expect to dominate possession. They were completely inappropriate in the division above when it was harder to dominate possession and any mistakes were instantly punished by the opposition.

Now we have some better players than we did a year ago and a much better understanding of the division. We're not in a position to dominate games against every team but we will come up against some who have inferior players and in those games 3-5-2 would provide a different option. So long as its used appropriately it's not a bad thing.

Archived