IGNORED

Bristol Metro bus (Merged)

Pickle Rick

There appears to be a bit of confusion here, there are two new bus services;

1) the new AG6 service run by First https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/more-buses-to-transport-fans-to-ashton-gate-in-201819/

This will drop off at Winterstoke car park and pick up from the Robins

2) the new Metro bus services M2 https://metrobusbristol.co.uk/m2/

The nearest stop is behind the flats as mentioned above and then goes over the bridge towards the P&R. This wont start until early September and will not run on a Sunday

According to the story in the Post today the Metrobus M2 route will launch in start running from Long Ashton P&R on Monday September 3rd.

Contrary to earlier reports the graphic shows that it will run Monday to Saturday until 10.45pm

So, OK for evening matches and away fans getting back to temple Meads?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/new-metrobus-route-take-longer-1916133

1_M2-MetrobusJPG.jpg

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.JPG

I used the new M1 service from Bradley Stoke yesterday. Early days of course, but it might not turn out to be the white elephant many thought.

A good number of fellow reds were using it yesterday, and they all seemed happy with it.

Sorry @NTTDS but this will be my method of transport to the Gate from now on.

No more having to leave home ridiculously early to find a parking space (especially evening games).

And no more being pissed about with bus replacement services between Parkway & Temple Meads.

No more suffering of singing drunken away fans (Leeds, Brum & Forest in particular) on the overcrowded two carriage 17.35 from Parson Street heading north.

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I used the new M1 service from Bradley Stoke yesterday. Early days of course, but it might not turn out to be the white elephant many thought.

A good number of fellow reds were using it yesterday, and they all seemed happy with it.

Sorry @NTTDS but this will be my method of transport to the Gate from now on.

No more having to leave home ridiculously early to find a parking space (especially evening games).

And no more being pissed about with bus replacement services between Parkway & Temple Meads.

No more suffering of singing drunken away fans (Leeds, Brum & Forest in particular) on the overcrowded two carriage 17.35 from Parson Street heading north.

I usually meet a few mates who come in from Bradley Stoke, they have caught the train (when available and running ) , but they've been talking about getting the Metro. Might start meeting in the centre , I think they said they'd have to change there to get to the Gate.

On 13/01/2019 at 23:32, 1960maaan said:

I usually meet a few mates who come in from Bradley Stoke, they have caught the train (when available and running ) , but they've been talking about getting the Metro. Might start meeting in the centre , I think they said they'd have to change there to get to the Gate.

There are four stops where both the M1 & M2 stop, namely Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Centre and Queen's Square. I got off at Cabot Circus, and the M2 was there ready to go. Just a 5 minute wait between the two coming back.

The problem with the metrobus is that it was supposed to add to the current routes giving some faster more direct options. They have however already started stopping and changing other services so as opposed to being a addition with more options for people they are losing services and being forced to use the new routes.

Archived