IGNORED

NFL 2016 season

BS3_RED

1 hour ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Seriously hope we balls up the Cheese dunces season tonight, either Rogers will turn up or he doesn't (hoping its the latter). Our D is rapidly improving and have a few positives on Offense now with Howard and Barkley who has really impressed me at QB.  Not really interested in the Bears tanking the season by losing out the remaining 3 games for a better draft pick, the Jets, Niners and Browns have the highest picks anyway.

For once I'm rooting for the Lions and Vikes to win also.

Your hatred for cheese products is very disturbing. 

Go Pack Go.

4 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

A very tight game. Two huge drops in the endzone by Adams for us. Barcley looking good for da bears though he was stripped on a sack by Peppers.

And as I posted that Haha Clinton Dix picks Barcley off. Haha. 

On 12/16/2016 at 17:05, Dark Wood Covert said:

True but for me its diluting it a fair bit now, 1 was more than enough. I know the owner of the Jags is trying to move the franchise to London, I just hope it doesn't happen

Tbf the Saints Dolphins seemed like the only decent game. 

I hope we don't get a team either, imagine West Brom being moved to Philadelphia....it's just not right

Saints - Dolphins could be decent, although I prefer a smash mouth, shove it up your jumper kind of game. It's the Gloucester Rugby fan in me! Listened to Giants - Lions last night whilst doing some Chiristmas wrapping, low scoring, but exciting enough game

On 12/16/2016 at 17:19, Erithacus said:

Some cynical but well-meaning people are speculating that if we can stomach some insipid games between perennial cellar-dwellers, then we will be able to put up with (arguably) the Jags franchise coming here for a full season. Imagine if we did have a London team, only to watch them crumble every week. Would we take it and happily trust in the Draft, or would it spell disaster? Those of us who followed the Monarchs of old still recall the terrible decline and demise. It's probably a worry that the League has in the back of its collective mind. We in Britain are very well educated and immersed in the NFL and we know rubbish when we see it.

Of course, you could always argue that the attraction of a given game is not predictable. Take an equivalent: would you get a more enjoyable game if Man Utd and Chelsea fought out a terse 0-0 draw or Burnley and Stoke conjuring up an end-to-end 3-3 game? Naturally, there will be fans of a team who will turn up for them regardless of the fixture or their chances of winning. Other fans will pick and choose what they believe will be the most exciting. You pays yer money...

Give the Jags a year or two and they could be a more than decent team. Drafted well, just need to make the right decision now they sacked the HC, name escapes me right now. But I still don't want them over here. They are an American franchise, in an American league. Leave them where they are

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I hope we don't get a team either, imagine West Brom being moved to Philadelphia....it's just not right

Saints - Dolphins could be decent, although I prefer a smash mouth, shove it up your jumper kind of game. It's the Gloucester Rugby fan in me! Listened to Giants - Lions last night whilst doing some Chiristmas wrapping, low scoring, but exciting enough game

Give the Jags a year or two and they could be a more than decent team. Drafted well, just need to make the right decision now they sacked the HC, name escapes me right now. But I still don't want them over here. They are an American franchise, in an American league. Leave them where they are

Although Brees v Tannehill would be a shootout, Saints are involved in quite few shootouts... last night was a prime example. I guess being a Saints its usually heart in mouth stuff, score a lot but concede a lot to.

Totally agree, NFL here is like marmite... Plenty of people love it but plenty of people hate it as well. It would take something extremely special for it to be viable long term, novelty will bring in the crowds at first but a few losing seasons and it will become a disaster with them heading straight back to the US.

If the Jags want to move anywhere outside of America, maybe the NFL can make an extension in Canada.. 'Football' is pretty big in Canada with the CFL and as the other major sports NHL, NBA and MLB have both American and Canadian teams there is no reason why they couldn't look into that instead of London

How good would it be to watch the superbowl at the sports bar and grill this year? 

Well you'd like to think it would be open for such an occasion, but I contacted the guys at the grill and they can't open due to late licence rules.

I can't help but think that they might be missing out on a decent money spinning night. 

The NFL has an ever increasing following in the UK and the South West and for the last few years 8 of my friends take in the superbowl at the Cider jar at Gloucester rd.

We'd love to watch it on the big screen at the sports bar and grill like quite a few others I'd imagine. ...

15 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Although Brees v Tannehill would be a shootout, Saints are involved in quite few shootouts... last night was a prime example. I guess being a Saints its usually heart in mouth stuff, score a lot but concede a lot to.

Totally agree, NFL here is like marmite... Plenty of people love it but plenty of people hate it as well. It would take something extremely special for it to be viable long term, novelty will bring in the crowds at first but a few losing seasons and it will become a disaster with them heading straight back to the US.

If the Jags want to move anywhere outside of America, maybe the NFL can make an extension in Canada.. 'Football' is pretty big in Canada with the CFL and as the other major sports NHL, NBA and MLB have both American and Canadian teams there is no reason why they couldn't look into that instead of London

The Bills played in Canada a few times over the years, but I'm pretty sure they were blocked going there permanently when Jon Bon Jovi suggested it when he was looking to buy the franchise, presumably so it didn't affect anything with the Canadian league. Raiders played Texans (?) in Mexico this year....plenty of places closer to home if they feel the need

Missed that! I'm watching the Spud Bowl now. No snow but the plastic field is blue.:wacko:

Interestingly, the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl is being played between Idaho and Colorado State. The evil in me wishes that Colorado State should be called the Beetles....:ph34r:

Archived