IGNORED

Parking

ollywhyte

Can anyone suggest a suitable place to park in close proximity to Ashton Gate tomorrow?

First season with a season ticket so will regularly be travelling from Plymouth. Arrived at 2:50 last week due to horrific traffic on the way, despite leaving at 11am so gave myself plenty of time (I thought!).

Drove around for 20 minutes before eventually mounting the pavement and parking on the grass beside Wickes. Got into the ground missing about 10-15 minutes which was the last thing I wanted travelling such a distance!

Going to leave at 10am tomorrow giving myself a little bit extra time to spare (hopefully!).

I'd suggest fo the same as me and take the train. The M5 is a lottery, there's a problem somewhere along it every day.

Book in advance, up to 22 weeks and you'll find it's not that expensive. Try splitting the journey, from Teignmouth for instance it's cheaper to buy a return to Taunton then a return from there to BTM. Buy a railcard, two together if you go with a mate, or family if you go with kids or young persons if you're under 25.

10 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Can anyone suggest a suitable place to park in close proximity to Ashton Gate tomorrow?

First season with a season ticket so will regularly be travelling from Plymouth. Arrived at 2:50 last week due to horrific traffic on the way, despite leaving at 11am so gave myself plenty of time (I thought!).

Drove around for 20 minutes before eventually mounting the pavement and parking on the grass beside Wickes. Got into the ground missing about 10-15 minutes which was the last thing I wanted travelling such a distance!

Going to leave at 10am tomorrow giving myself a little bit extra time to spare (hopefully!).

Bank holiday traffic too.

9 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Long Ashton Park and Ride and get off at the first stop. Loads of space and as long as you, or one of your party, buy a bus ticket - the jobs a good 'un!

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Mate forget the parkung thats not your problem, tomorrow everyone will be travelling home before the kids go back to school. Leave earlier than 10 othwerwise you could be stuffed, get to Bristol early then park where you want

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

You left Plymouth at 11 am? 

Hilarious, I left Frenchay at 11.30!

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

Does anyone park at Ashton Court? Will it be busy? 

Driving down with kids tomorrow so no Cider for me. Thinking of getting their early bit of sun & food before wondering down to the gate.

If I'm running late I find this is a good place to park - always seems to be space and not as far to walk as you might think.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I tend to leave Taunton at 10.30 to get a good parking place with good getaway potential after the game!

One of our lot works till 11:30 sadly! I always leave where I live (Devon/Cornwall border) at about 9 in the holiday season just in case and usually get to Taunton about 10 and have a kip in the car but one day there`ll be an accident so I`ll need the extra time.

I am lucky though as if there are problems with the M5 my side of Taunton I have got alternatives (A303 and over the Blackdowns, cut across to Tiverton and the old road through Wiveliscombe, even across Exmoor at a push) so as long as the radio tells you what`s going on you can deal with it.

Like everyone going from Taunton and points south though, the only place you can cross the river without a huge detour is Bridgwater and that`s the problem this time of year

6 minutes ago, Torbay_Red said:

I'm leaving at 9am from Paignton, park nice and early and then have a snooze in the car :-)

I`m off at 6 from Launceston mate but I am doing a couple of hours work in Sherborne before heading up to Taunton for 11:30 to meet my mates. At least I`ll be ahead of all the caravanning idiots blocking up the A30.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

One of our lot works till 11:30 sadly! I always leave where I live (Devon/Cornwall border) at about 9 in the holiday season just in case and usually get to Taunton about 10 and have a kip in the car but one day there`ll be an accident so I`ll need the extra time.

I am lucky though as if there are problems with the M5 my side of Taunton I have got alternatives (A303 and over the Blackdowns, cut across to Tiverton and the old road through Wiveliscombe, even across Exmoor at a push) so as long as the radio tells you what`s going on you can deal with it.

Like everyone going from Taunton and points south though, the only place you can cross the river without a huge detour is Bridgwater and that`s the problem this time of year

I drive from Bridgwater, this time of year I avoid the M5, I also avoid the A38 around the Burnham on sea junction.

A good alternative for you if your stuck around the BW area on the M5 is to take the route I use. Come off at J23, follow signs to Glastonbury, after about 3 miles turn left and go through Woolavington and East Huntspill, stay on that road and go all the way to Cheddar, then you can get on the A38 in that area, your only 30 mins from AG then.

Its avoids any risk of getting stuck on the M5. I drove that route to AG last week, took me about an hour from Bridgwater.

Archived