IGNORED

FAO Adam Baker

Crackers Corner

Listening to the sound system in the Dolman is virtually impossible. Yet again today it was muffled and that made hearing anything a waste of time.

its a long standing issue that Mark Kelly is very aware of and I know the sound engineers have fiddled and tried to fix but without success.

Nibor could be right about the echo. That repeated numerous times in rapid fashion would certainly diminish clarity.

I agree what's being said about the Dolman. Muffled and echoing in the upper Dolman. Didn't notice this last season, but as I said before whether we can hear the speakers conflicting across from the West Stand, or sound bouncing off the people I don't know. It's not travelling around the stadium well, but I guess they can only test it with people in situ.

In South Stand I don't bother to put in the effort to decipher it anymore. I have tried to help by standing perfectly still and not moving in the hope that those in charge are trying to contact quick quid in the hope of getting a speedy loan to resolve the problem, but nobody else follows my lead so they havr got no chance.

Oddly, I was once at Hibs v Kilmarnock having spent a week in Edinburgh having great difficulty understanding the locals when the PA started. I thought that I would have no chance as I couldn't understand the locals first hand let alone through a stadium PA system. Surprisingly, I was able to comprehend most of what was said but when I looked at the Hibs fans they all seemed nonplussed.

Last match against Newcastle we moved to the Upper LS and could hear clearly all the anouncements, but today back in our normal Lower LS seats we were unable to hear any of the anouncements. I consulted with those around me who confirmed they were unable to hear them also. No point in having anouncements if you cannot hear what they are saying. 

Was there any safety anouncements as per previous years ? as having attended all home matches I have not heard any in the Lower LS.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

When announcements are being made they need to turn down the bass frequencies and up the trebles. That would go a long way to making it clearer,

Bit of reverb adjustments would fix it 

2 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

Could the club adjust your mic volume? I always try to listen with interest to your previous match or pitch side interviews but the volume was so loud in s26 that it was impossible to hear what you were saying?

No need to worry CC, you missed nothing. Nothing at all. Believe me, it wasn't Frost .v. Nixon from the 1970s. It was, and always is, the anodyne opposite. Relax, you missed nothing.

Thanks. All feedback gratefully received. We had a professional company in yesterday looking into this. It's clearly a difficult task getting it right for each of the stands and even different areas within the same stand but I'm sure we'll get there. 

18 minutes ago, AdamB said:

Thanks. All feedback gratefully received. We had a professional company in yesterday looking into this. It's clearly a difficult task getting it right for each of the stands and even different areas within the same stand but I'm sure we'll get there. 

Glad we are doing something about it 

Apparently we had a new signing at half time - poor lad did not get a great welcome as we had no idea what was going on (and half the stand were grabbing a half time drink)

Anyway again music comes across fine, clear, no echo problems or anything  -  all announcements however are un-decipherable.

anyway Tannoy at/from Villa game

Music as clear as anything

28 minutes ago, Us_and_Them said:

Only had a professional company in yesterday? Really? I'm quite amazed by that to be honest. It's laughable someone thought it could be done in house, explains everything. 

He didn't say they weren't installed by professionals in the first place. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and suggest they didn't buy the speakers from Currys.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He didn't say they weren't installed by professionals in the first place. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and suggest they didn't buy the speakers from Currys.

Oh i'm sure it was installed by professionals but installation and set up are two completely different things.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What I hate is not being able to hear the away team lineup/subs because of it. I don`t know enough about every team in the championship to recognise every player and you can`t make out the names on the shirts from the back of the SS.

Hopefully the teams will be posted on the big screens (when and if)

Archived