IGNORED

Channel 5 City highlights

Luxo Jr.

Don't know if it's been covered already, but more shocking camerawork for our highlights on the Channel 5 show.

None of the goals were missed this time, but shaking all over the place, looks like someone's just holding the camera in their hands. Is it a bad cameraman, or poor setup at Ashton Gate?

The pictures that people have posted on here and other places taken with their phones is better than the "professional" stuff. They are always zoomed in too much and the angle is very strange. Frankly it was better when it was filmed from the temporary gantry. Very disappointing coverage at the moment - hope it changes soon. 

6 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Don't know if it's been covered already, but more shocking camerawork for our highlights on the Channel 5 show.

None of the goals were missed this time, but shaking all over the place, looks like someone's just holding the camera in their hands. Is it a bad cameraman, or poor setup at Ashton Gate?

Altitude sickness.

:shifty:

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

:sign09:

Bring back the 'girl next door' presenter .......... far better than the hard-faced bitch presenting this season.

With respect.

Uncle TFR

What a very unpleasant comment about the rather lovely Lynsey Hipgrave, Danny Bakers ex sidekick on his radio show.

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

What a very unpleasant comment about the rather lovely Lynsey Hipgrave, Danny Bakers ex sidekick on his radio show.

She is excellent on the radio TBF but she`s never seemed to translate it to TV for some reason. I think she tries too much sometimes.

DB`s got Louise Pepper in now and she`s just as good mind.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

She is excellent on the radio TBF but she`s never seemed to translate it to TV for some reason. I think she tries too much sometimes.

DB`s got Louise Pepper in now and she`s just as good mind.

Hardly calls for the sexist "hard faced bitch" stuff though. 

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Hardly calls for the sexist "hard faced bitch" stuff though. 

Absolutely, well out of order. Mind you some on here think they`re being funny when they`re not. I tend to scroll through their posts without reading them most of the time but happened to catch this one because of the replies.

I actually thought the highlights were a big improvement on our first two matches, though still not perfect. The camera was nowhere near as zoomed in for any of the goals - as a result there was much less chasing the ball around and failing to keep up.

I know from Twitter than Adam Baker has been discussing it with ITN and went back to them again after the Newcastle game.

9 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

The shaking's probably because the camera is located in the upper tier and further away from the pitch than it used to be, so the cameraman has had to zoom in more than previously. If you've ever used a camcorder with full zoom you'll see how any unintended movement is magnified. Maybe they need a stronger tripod/stand for the camera.

29 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The shaking's probably because the camera is located in the upper tier and further away from the pitch than it used to be, so the cameraman has had to zoom in more than previously. If you've ever used a camcorder with full zoom you'll see how any unintended movement is magnified. Maybe they need a stronger tripod/stand for the camera.

Is this a joke?

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is this a joke?

I was going to say because a tripod is a tripod, how does a "stronger" tripod improve the picture? It's down to the camera man..../or woman (not going to assume genders here) Nuff said :laugh:. Shakeyness and zoom control espesh the zoom is the fault of the person who operated the camera.

18 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I was going to say because a tripod is a tripod, how does a "stronger" tripod improve the picture? It's down to the camera man..../or woman (not going to assume genders here) Nuff said :laugh:. Shakeyness and zoom control espesh the zoom is the fault of the person who operated the camera.

Not to mention the fact that the steadicam was invented in 1971 - this is the technology you see when a cameraman runs across a pitch at the end of the game but still produces a perfectly steady image. So in 2016 there isn't really any excuse for a fixed camera position in the stand to suffer from shakiness...and tripods certainly don't have anything to do with it!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not to mention the fact that the steadicam was invented in 1971 - this is the technology you see when a cameraman runs across a pitch at the end of the game but still produces a perfectly steady image. So in 2016 there isn't really any excuse for a fixed camera position in the stand to suffer from shakiness...and tripods certainly don't have anything to do with it!

Very true, AND the fact there are also "gyro" cameras that never shake despite how much you shake it.

13 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

I didn't realize we had formed a Neanderthal Reds Section. 

It was formed about 8 years ago.

We have over 300 members - shall I sign you up? It's £19.50 per season, and you get a welcome pack and a new club and loin cloth every other year.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

15 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

It was formed about 8 years ago.

We have over 300 members - shall I sign you up? It's £19.50 per season, and you get a welcome pack and a new club and loin cloth every other year.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

I would have thought it would have been about ten groats per season, so far behind the times they seem to be!

Archived