IGNORED

safety certificates...what's the deal?

The Humble Realist

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I imagine the contractors have a deadline which if they fail to meet they lose financially in the firm of a fine. There might well be a contract with the club that they ( the contractors) cannot be publically criticised.

i can't think of any other reason the club aren't making any difficulties public.

Nail hit on head.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Good luck with that....

He last answered a question on Thursday? Give the man a break, Friday/Saturday he was likely flat out with stuff to do with the game, and today he's probably having a well deserved day off. It is a bank holiday after all. 

He's doing the best he can whilst working a shit load of hours at the ground. He's also been posting on here today in other threads. 

10 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

What we need is clear communication why the SAG have reduced the capacity for the first 3  homes games  . In particular why was the capacity for the Villa games reduced below the Newcastle attendance a week earlier ?

• What are the exact safety issues reducing the capacity,
  • When was the Club made aware
  • What efforts were made to redress the problems
  • When will the Stadium be allowed to operate at full capacity .

Not too much to ask is it ? Statement needed on the Club website please.

It would be nice to know the answer to your bullet 4, but the rest is immaterial, frankly, imo.

Relax.

9 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

He last answered a question on Thursday? Give the man a break, Friday/Saturday he was likely flat out with stuff to do with the game, and today he's probably having a well deserved day off. It is a bank holiday after all. 

He's doing the best he can whilst working a shit load of hours at the ground. He's also been posting on here today in other threads. 

Steady tiger.

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I assume he answers questions if and when he can whilst working full time in his 'proper' Bristol Sport role. I'd like him to continue of course as he does answer questions well and give out good information and seems 'human' too. Perhaps the Fans Liason Officer whoever he or she is could contribute to that section too?

Maybe it's time a few more FOI requests above the SAG went in. I believe other SAGs around the country are advised to have fan representation and also the notes of any meetings published. 

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought where Dave left was 'OTIB' based on the nonsense he was being bombarded with?

One mans nonsense is another mans concern and it's the job title that counts seeing Mark Kelly is doing a good job on here so far.

Point is the SLO has not been very visible anywhere since DL left and should this fall totally on Mark on this forum?.

Well we've now got an international break followed by a couple of away games prior to Derby County. You would like to think we will be fully up to speed by then. Unless the club has caused the delay, the builder is looking at some serious damages being levied against them. Damages are notoriously high on football stadiums as the loss by the club is easy to ascertain and directly related to lack of bums on seats. 5k reduced capacity at average £20 per  seat is £100k per game.

1 hour ago, cider head said:

One mans nonsense is another mans concern and it's the job title that counts seeing Mark Kelly is doing a good job on here so far.

Point is the SLO has not been very visible anywhere since DL left and should this fall totally on Mark on this forum?.

Completely agree.

I have no idea who our SLO is these days (granted, they may have done an interview on the official site but I rarely check that).

On 28 August 2016 at 12:03, Robbored said:

I imagine the contractors have a deadline which if they fail to meet they lose financially in the firm of a fine. There might well be a contract with the club that they ( the contractors) cannot be publically criticised.

i can't think of any other reason the club aren't making any difficulties public.

Being in the trade penalty charges are common I know the cladding firm who were doing Cardiffs stadium a couple of years ago were looking at £100k a week until completed!

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Those figures don't make any sense at all given the low amount of upper tier tickets that were on sale (not disputing the veracity of the information btw).

Mixed messages coming out of the club and they are in danger of having a white elephant on their hands if they continue the mismanagement of ticket sales.

In my experience, its what happens when you have bean counters too involved in running the gaff.

A "state of the art" ticketing system would be of great help as that would sort it out easily...

I haven't heard any "mixed messages" from the club. The only update I heard came from Mark Kelly last week.

As for ticketing system - it been a pain in arse for anyone with duel season cards. My City card hasn't worked at the last two games and when I rang the ticket office I was told it because the two season cards caused the problem but it had now been fixed. It hadn't been fixed at all. I had the same red light at the Villa game. Luckily they'd emailed me a ticket to print off..

Now I have to phone them again tomorrow....

Archived