IGNORED

safety certificates...what's the deal?

The Humble Realist

So with 3 games at reduced capacity common consensus is that this is because of the need for 'test events'...

Is this actually a load of bull ?

I see liverpool had a test event yesterday ...will they have to have reduced capacity like we do for 3 games ?

I doubt it so someone here is telling porkies ...

Real shame about the 3 games this season as a real missed opportunity 

Certainly looked quite a lot less in the Lansdown than there was against Newcastle, possibly down to tickets sold (ST holders) bring away as its Bank holiday weekend.

It's just a shame that the last two games could potentially have been our biggest gates of the season, (barring play offs or Cup draws ha ha) and we have had to have restrictions due to the build. Shame we lost out on so much gate money, but never mind I'm glad of the 3 points.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Health and safety certificate could only be granted only if 20% of the top tier and 10% of the bottom tier were restricted. Mark Kelly explained that at the Senior Reds last week. Probably due to the stand not being 100% completed.

Why don't the club just be honest and say the last part and admit being a bit behind. In grand scheme of things a couple of months delay isn't a big deal..just wish they'd be honest 

5 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Why don't the club just be honest and say the last part and admit being a bit behind. In grand scheme of things a couple of months delay isn't a big deal..just wish they'd be honest 

I imagine the contractors have a deadline which if they fail to meet they lose financially in the firm of a fine. There might well be a contract with the club that they ( the contractors) cannot be publically criticised.

i can't think of any other reason the club aren't making any difficulties public.

What we need is clear communication why the SAG have reduced the capacity for the first 3  homes games  . In particular why was the capacity for the Villa games reduced below the Newcastle attendance a week earlier ?

• What are the exact safety issues reducing the capacity,
  • When was the Club made aware
  • What efforts were made to redress the problems
  • When will the Stadium be allowed to operate at full capacity .

Not too much to ask is it ? Statement needed on the Club website please.

4 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

What we need is clear communication why the SAG have reduced the capacity for the first 3  homes games  . In particular why was the capacity for the Villa games reduced below the Newcastle attendance a week earlier ?

• What are the exact safety issues reducing the capacity,
  • When was the Club made aware
  • What efforts were made to redress the problems
  • When will the Stadium be allowed to operate at full capacity .

Not too much to ask is it ? Statement needed on the Club website please.

Pretty much upto Mark Kelly I guess. 

You could always suggest it to him on social media.....

Does anybody have Mark Kelly's e mail /Facebook address ? I don't use twitter !

Spoke briefly in person to the Commercial Manager yesterday at half time yesterday , seemed annoyed by my questions and didn't have the answers.  

Surely people at the Club look at this Forum . Enough similar requests for info on the Stadium thread for the club  to be fully aware of the need for better communication on the safety Issues.

10 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Does anybody have Mark Kelly's e mail /Facebook address ? I don't use twitter !

Spoke briefly in person to the Commercial Manager yesterday at half time yesterday , seemed annoyed by my questions and didn't have the answers.  

Surely people at the Club look at this Forum . Enough similar requests for info on the Stadium thread for the club  to be fully aware of the need for better communication on the safety Issues.

Mark is contactable via the Q&A section on here.

...is it just me or have others had these same thoughts?

..... it seem something's changed in the mindsets of football fans in recent years. Previously we'd all want to know as much as possible about what's happening within the playing squad, dressing room scandals, injuries, comings and goings etc , thoughts of the manager and possibly at times what's happening at chairman boardroom level.... that's the kind of things that always have and always will be of interest to the football clubs supporters... but do we really need to know the ins and outs of a donkeys arsehole about everything else?

Nowadays its like we need to know everything, almost down to what brand and shade of bog paper is going to be supplied in the bogs... surely some things are need to know and somethings shouldn't concern us?  Why should the Club have to feel the need to discuss each and every detail of its everyday operation?, a few vacant seats etc are a topic of inevitable conversation among fans we obviously have lots of interest in the new revamped AG but do we really need full disclosure of every detail? 

It is what it is, and as and when issues directly affecting paying supporters (views/comfort/catering/ticketing/travel/tannoy etc arise) I'm sure the club will be noting and working to put these things right asap while keeping the fans updated on progress and rightly so...

I just don't get why officials need to think and spend time updating and pandering to what often amounts to little more than supporters idle curiosities, ...we all want what's best all round for the club but need to know stuff much surely be reasonable.. if the club are making or losing a few bob here and there through situations beyond their or our control wtf should that be of concern to us? .. its almost like supporters often regard club finances as if they are our own personal bank accounts.... 

Rant over... soz.

Submitted questions on the Q&A . Didn't know we had this facility on OTIB . Thanks to my fellow Wiltshire based fan for the information.

I believe fans have a right to know why capacity has been reduced significantly resulting in unsatisfied demand for tickets for the Newcastle and Villa games. There may be perfectly valid safety reasons but communication has been lacking when we were led to believe the West Stand would be fully open for the Villa game at least.

25 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Submitted questions on the Q&A . Didn't know we had this facility on OTIB . Thanks to my fellow Wiltshire based fan for the information.

I believe fans have a right to know why capacity has been reduced significantly resulting in unsatisfied demand for tickets for the Newcastle and Villa games. There may be perfectly valid safety reasons but communication has been lacking when we were led to believe the West Stand would be fully open for the Villa game at least.

Why? What has it to do with us? It's the club that might be losing some revenue....

48 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

We were? When was that then?

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

...is it just me or have others had these same thoughts?

..... it seem something's changed in the mindsets of football fans in recent years. Previously we'd all want to know as much as possible about what's happening within the playing squad, dressing room scandals, injuries, comings and goings etc , thoughts of the manager and possibly at times what's happening at chairman boardroom level.... that's the kind of things that always have and always will be of interest to the football clubs supporters... but do we really need to know the ins and outs of a donkeys arsehole about everything else?

Nowadays its like we need to know everything, almost down to what brand and shade of bog paper is going to be supplied in the bogs... surely some things are need to know and somethings shouldn't concern us?  Why should the Club have to feel the need to discuss each and every detail of its everyday operation?, a few vacant seats etc are a topic of inevitable conversation among fans we obviously have lots of interest in the new revamped AG but do we really need full disclosure of every detail? 

It is what it is, and as and when issues directly affecting paying supporters (views/comfort/catering/ticketing/travel/tannoy etc arise) I'm sure the club will be noting and working to put these things right asap while keeping the fans updated on progress and rightly so...

I just don't get why officials need to think and spend time updating and pandering to what often amounts to little more than supporters idle curiosities, ...we all want what's best all round for the club but need to know stuff much surely be reasonable.. if the club are making or losing a few bob here and there through situations beyond their or our control wtf should that be of concern to us? .. its almost like supporters often regard club finances as if they are our own personal bank accounts.... 

Rant over... soz.

Tis the age of twenty four hour news and instant information about everything no matter how inconsequential. We`re living in a time when, at any given moment, you can instantly find out what Justin Beiber had for breakfast or which nightclub Kanye West went to last night.

I`m afraid people have come to expect instant access the minutiae of life at any given moment, whether it has any relevance to them or not.

It was better when it was all fields.:farmer:

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Tis the age of twenty four hour news and instant information about everything no matter how inconsequential. We`re living in a time when, at any given moment, you can instantly find out what Justin Beiber had for breakfast or which nightclub Kanye West went to last night.

I`m afraid people have come to expect instant access the minutiae of life at any given moment, whether it has any relevance to them or not.

It was better when it was all fields.:farmer:

And off grid spoon whittlers.

Will be a weekly penalty clause for contractors usually runs in the thousands of pounds  .have to have an emergency evacuation simulation done as part of certificate.have to have all areas lighted escape routes cleared .was obvious wasn't going to be ready .was touch and go last season.two weeks before was talk of postponing the 1st game .this stand much bigger no way was going to be ready on time.

5 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Does anybody have Mark Kelly's e mail /Facebook address ? I don't use twitter   

mark.kelly@bristol-sport.co.uk but he's usually pretty good on Twitter (maybe get involved just for Bcfc stuff if you can) and he's @Mrhkelly (h not m - not a typo) 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

mark.kelly@bristol-sport.co.uk but he's usually pretty good on Twitter (maybe get involved just for Bcfc stuff if you can) and he's @Mrhkelly (h not m - not a typo) 

He may be good on Twitter, I wouldn't know.

He isn't so hot on the Q & A  on here, a number of unanswered questions going back a while.

I fear another club employee unable to give a straight answer to certain questions someone higher doesn't like?

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Henry? Kelly ... Is he 'game for a laugh' on twitter?  going for gold?

( oh no, just remembered Henry is no longer with us, rip Henry)

32 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

( oh no, just remembered Henry is no longer with us, rip Henry)

are you sure?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kelly

Oops thanks NTTDS you are of course correct.. Henry Kelly is still alive and kicking, apologies to HK, although it must be good news finding out that you are afterall still with us.

I think I got Mr Kelly mixed up with Jeremy Beadle rip - he is definitely no longer about!

Archived