IGNORED

witnesses required

stroud

Hi everyone sorry if this isn't the right place to put this but a dad and his young son was seriously assaulted outside bs3/rising sun pub after the villa game by a police officer at about 5.20pm.

Numerous people came out of the pub to provide assistance and a complaint has been made with Avon and Somerset police which are treating it very seriously.

If anyone witness it and would like to make a statement please can they contact me through otib many thanks

I hope the officers number was seen and memorised. No doubt that was first thing the police wanted to know. They'll act fast. The poor publicity is not welcomed for obviousl reasons.

Fortunately the days of the police cover ups are few and far between.

Thanks it has all been recorded on said parents phone but police are looking for further witness so if anyone saw anything this would be much appreciated thanks.

Such a shame to see this as I thought this kind of thing was firmly in the past

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I hope the officers number was seen and memorised. No doubt that was first thing the police wanted to know. They'll act fast. The poor publicity is not welcomed for obviousl reasons.

Fortunately the days of the police cover ups are few and far between.

Oh I don't know over the past few months many senior officers up and down the country have been doing a pretty good impression of getting away with it and covering up, up and down the country, fortunately some 'rags' are using the freedom of information act (something Ms May would love to water down) to expose the wrong doing.

I heard about this and was told father and son were pushed by police horse and then assaulted by officer with a swipe of his truncheon to fathers face,I wounder if officer would like his children to see this ,but then were only scum and their allowed to do this to us 

Hi loon

It has been recorded on someone's phone which has help but just in case the police decided to deny all knowledge that is why I am asking for witnesses to come forward.

We have had some great support from the people who came out of the pub to help but the sad thing is the dads son was only 9 and I imagine it has put him off attending future matches

I didn't see the actual incident, just a bit of the aftermath. Definitely did see a policeman within the park filming. Don't know whether the first event was filmed or not, or whether it was just the aftermath. In any event, might be a good idea to ask them to disclose. 

As a regular in BS3 prematch, would it be a nice touch,  bit of positive publicity if BS3 did something for the lad? Free tickets for the next home game or something? 

We need to encourage young supporters to Bristol City,  we are on the UP! I know the pub had nothing to do with it,  but why should the young lad see this when he goes to footie? Not good.

Really sad to hear this, but not surprised one bit.

Ive seen this many times, unfortunately it seems that the biggest firm in the country can do what they want without much action, after all both father and 9 year old son were both hooligans wanting a pop!

I hope both father and son are well and will return to AG, as for any action being taken I'd love you to get the justice deserved but as said you can feel ranks closing as you type.

PS I do know that they are not all over zealous scum, my local police force also are blind to drug dealing in open air near children, gbh, abh, affray, all of which have been documented on video and photo; the answer we get....."yes we know it's a problem" a reply which was very politely delivered in a soft yet firm tone. All part of the new initiative to tackle anti social crime, along with taking the only PCSO off the "beat", replaced with more car parking attendants..............................gobsmacked.

This sort of thing really boils my piss. I got my six year old his first ticket this season and we've been really lucky to avoid any trouble so far. (Newcastle and I heard a bit on north street yesterday) we've been a few minutes behind it. The thought my boy seeing blokes throw glasses/chairs at each other scares me thinking it'll put him off. He's really loving life as a full time city fan. If he saw a copper hit me with a truncheon to move us on, that'll put him off for life I think. I admit I don't know the full story but if it's as it seems in this thread I hope the said copper gets a fitting punishment. 

As said before I hope the young lad isn't to scarred and will be back flying the flag on the 17th. 

Important to remember it is a very small minority of Police who treat football fans like scum. This incident is deplorable. I heard it was a little tasty after the game around Ashton Gate but as with the Bill it's a small minority of toss pots that want to cause trouble, then an incident like this  happens and the innocent get hurt. Hope the Cop gets what he deserves. 

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the replies and I just want to reassure the otib community that there is no way this parent did anything to receive this course of action,in fact he was trying to do the sensible thing in moving his son away from the original flashpoint at the bus stop on Ashton rd.

Knowing said parent from away games with city he has been following city for nearly 30 years and hopefully this won't put his son off who can often been seen singing and dancing his hero's but trying to convince his mum might be a different thing altogether.

Apparently the pub have been contacted by the police but were Just desperate to get as many statements as possible many thanks

5 hours ago, stokes7 said:

The police were very heavy handed fans were told to move away from the park wall and the ones on horses were basically pushing fans out the way I don't know the reason for this 

Yeah I saw this, ridiculous, heavy-handed policing which was so unnecessary. 

5 hours ago, stroud said:

Hi loon

It has been recorded on someone's phone which has help but just in case the police decided to deny all knowledge that is why I am asking for witnesses to come forward.

We have had some great support from the people who came out of the pub to help but the sad thing is the dads son was only 9 and I imagine it has put him off attending future matches

I hope the ****** who did it loses his job

Disgusting behaviour 

13 hours ago, oldrosie said:

It is odd that this sort of thing only happens after football matches.  Rugby games - and cricket - there are not even police officers deployed.  Maybe if football supporters just learned to behave properly then these incidents would not happen.  Once again I know I am opening myself up to verbal abuse - but then that is what is to be expected from football fans.  

I've witnessed punches being thrown at several cricket matches so I think you might be looking at it though rose tinted glasses.

As the saying goes - rugby is played by thugs, football is watched by it! 

9 hours ago, DaveF said:

Yeah I saw this, ridiculous, heavy-handed policing which was so unnecessary. 

I know people were waiting for bus use and being told to move along and the other side of the wall they had the police dogs I don't understand the reason because there was no trouble it's as if the police were wanting some 

14 hours ago, oldrosie said:

It is odd that this sort of thing only happens after football matches.  Rugby games - and cricket - there are not even police officers deployed.  Maybe if football supporters just learned to behave properly then these incidents would not happen.  Once again I know I am opening myself up to verbal abuse - but then that is what is to be expected from football fans.  

You know **** all madam.

Archived