IGNORED

Agenda items for FAN -Thursday 1st September

Dollymarie

As per the title. Items already on the agenda below. Please feel free to add to this thread and I will see how much more can be squished in. Agenda points ideally need to be in by the end of today :) 

1.  Growth strategies in the community - how can FAN support? (see notes below)

2.  Matchday experience - what was good, what can be improved and how? (see notes below)

3.  Ticketing arrangements for 2016/17

a)  Why was there a separate £1 booking charge for Portsmouth friendly tickets?

b)  Will the Club confirm that season ticket holders may buy tickets in the shop, by telephone as well as online – and all other arrangements?

4.  Club kit 2016/17

a)  Why was there an unprecedented delay in releasing the away kit?

b)  Why was there no liaison with fans for this season’s kit?

c)  What is BCFC’s position on its Club Crest and Badge?

5.  Will the South Stand be renamed the Wedlock Stand and if so, when?

Item 1.              At the May meeting, ideas put forward by FAN members included: 
a)  Special price of £10 per supporter the first match of the season to fill the stadium (NB every Season Card Holder may bring one friend to one match for £10 – qualifying matches to be selected by the Club).

b)  Reintroduce ‘quid a kid’.  JP said this was how he became a Bristol City supporter.

c)  ‘School of the Match’ as a regular feature, which would be a good PR opportunity.  A bus or coach could pick up from chosen schools.

d)  Poppy Day match each season around November 11th with free entry for service and ex-service personnel.

e)  Other areas of the city outside South Bristol could be targeted.

Pop-up shops in the months leading up to Christmas were discussed (although must be profitable).

f)  A Junior FAN was discussed, though there would be many difficulties and informal activities would perhaps work best.

Item 2.              At the May meeting, comments made by FAN members included: 
a)  Drinks at half-time - it is now much easier to get served with.  
b)  Food on the concourses is greatly improved.  ABm pointed out that a visiting reporter from a food journal sampled one of our pies and gave it 10/10.  

c)  ‘Market Street’ – the idea will be trialled with one pop-up stall in the coming season. To comply with health and safety regulations, the stall will be built projecting outside the building so that it does not project too far into the concourse.  It will probably sell chips.

d)  Concourse seating is still a desirable feature for supporters. Action MK

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As per the title. Items already on the agenda below. Please feel free to add to this thread and I will see how much more can be squished in. Agenda points ideally need to be in by the end of today :) 

2.  Matchday experience - what was good, what can be improved and how? (see notes below)

b)  Will the Club confirm that season ticket holders may buy tickets in the shop, by telephone as well as online – and all other arrangements?

4.  Club kit 2016/17

Item 1.              At the May meeting, ideas put forward by FAN members included: 
a)  Special price of £10 per supporter the first match of the season to fill the stadium (NB every Season Card Holder may bring one friend to one match for £10 – qualifying matches to be selected by the Club).

b)  Reintroduce ‘quid a kid’.  JP said this was how he became a Bristol City supporter.

c)  ‘School of the Match’ as a regular feature, which would be a good PR opportunity.  A bus or coach could pick up from chosen schools.

d)  Poppy Day match each season around November 11th with free entry for service and ex-service personnel.

Pop-up shops in the months leading up to Christmas were discussed (although must be profitable).

f)  A Junior FAN was discussed, though there would be many difficulties and informal activities would perhaps work best.

b)  Food on the concourses is greatly improved.  ABm pointed out that a visiting reporter from a food journal sampled one of our pies and gave it 10/10.  

c)  ‘Market Street’ – the idea will be trialled with one pop-up stall in the coming season. To comply with health and safety regulations, the stall will be built projecting outside the building so that it does not project too far into the concourse.  It will probably sell chips.

Hello,

Regarding item 2D could you also bring up tables / something to put food and drinks on. I see a lot of people annoyed about having a pasty and having to put their pint on the floor (which when busy gets knocked over). Cheers!

48 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

4.  Club kit 2016/17

Item 1D

Why would you want to give free entry to people? Have the been conscripted and then not paid??

Happy to mark the passing of the fallen but every week you could find another profession that quite qualify for entry. NHS workers, fire service, teachers etc..

38 minutes ago, Selred said:

Hello,

Regarding item 2D could you also bring up tables / something to put food and drinks on. I see a lot of people annoyed about having a pasty and having to put their pint on the floor (which when busy gets knocked over). Cheers!

A 6" shelf around the pillars along parts of the outer wall would be fine. It would not impact much on the concourse but give people to put their food / drink - the concourse can be a pain to navigate with people moving / walking / standing in groups chatting, eating, drinking, queuing - tables would make the bad people flow worse, and eat into what turns out to be a surprisingly small concourse once people start meeting up pre-match.

Could Bristol Sport sponsor a Bristol School League - have 2 teams play in Greville park every every home game at midday, give those 2 schools free match day tickets. Get the kids down to support their team in the park with things for them to do as well, and after the game they and their parents can go to Ashton gate, take part in the Fanzone, and watch the match. The club get youngsters getting accustomed to our club, get people involved in and supporting football (their school team, and by association BCFC) the club also get to see youngsters playing and might identify anyone with a bit of talent. With the community trust involved we could ingrain Bristol School football and supporting your school team into a event - not maybe as big as it is in the US, but certainly boost football plaing / supporting profile in Bristol.

Why are kids ST prices so cheap (£0-50) and everyone else so high? I get that they're the fans of the future and all that but I'm only in my 20s. I've still got another 40 years or so left that I'd pay out if the prices were more justified across the board.

Also, not allowing current ST holders in the lower Lansdown to move up to the upper tier when it's open? Why?

Not at all impressed with the food selection in the Dolman. Last year we had chicken and bacon and also lamb pies. The chicken balti pie seems to have gone forever. Maybe it's a work in progress but it needs improving asap imo or people will lose the habit. Never minded paying a bit OTT as it goes to the club - used to eat at the ground but now I don't and it's only the lack of choice...

I would expand the ticketing question to include:

The club have shaken up the footballing side, moving people on and bringing in top class replacements.

Have they any plans to do this with the backroom staff as there are continual problems with the customer facing side such as ticketing and if we are to fill the stadium every week we need some heavy weight marketing skills to build up the fanbase.

Also the spelling and grammar mistakes in so many different things is embarrassing.

Closing : A massive congratulations to the Club. The stadium has improved, the first team squad has improved, the infrastructure has improved, the match day experience has improved, accountability, accessibility and fan interaction (Mark Kelly particularly), and good initiatives such as Olympic village being trialled. Even down to Downsy making light of his cheerleading, taking flak on the chin and acknowledging feedback. Keep it up all round.  

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can either of those do your head in?!

Not sure why electric hoardings can do your head in ... But the ball boy situation at Ashton gate has been getting weirder by the year!! They seem to be shrinking each year getting younger and this year they have just vanished !!

48 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can either of those do your head in?!

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not sure why electric hoardings can do your head in ... But the ball boy situation at Ashton gate has been getting weirder by the year!! They seem to be shrinking each year getting younger and this year they have just vanished !!

Sorry, bit vague wasn't I.

To clarify, this season the new electronic hoardings seems to stop our lovely ball boys from doing their job.  It's not the ball boys doing my head in.  Apologies to any ball boys offended.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 14:43, Robin TBW said:

Why are kids ST prices so cheap (£0-50) and everyone else so high? I get that they're the fans of the future and all that but I'm only in my 20s. I've still got another 40 years or so left that I'd pay out if the prices were more justified across the board.

Also, not allowing current ST holders in the lower Lansdown to move up to the upper tier when it's open? Why?

I kind of feel like that when I go to the dentist. I look around the waiting room and think, why am I the only person paying? In fact I've always paid and paid. I can tell you having children is very expensive, so 2 tickets for £100, nice to get something back for a change. When I was in my 20's and prior to having children, I always thought of subsidising families as an investment in the future. They could be bringing up the doctor that saves my life or a future 25 goal a season striker!

Why are the club so secretive about things?

The West stand progress - what and when safety officers were looking at?  what do we need to do to get it fully open? what will be involved in next few games? 

All we get is a brief statement saying 1000 seats released. No saying why 1000, will there be more, how many would it be next game etc. 

Just tell us exactly what you know, then we can understand. 

Archived