IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

SecretSam

Goal scoring winger, I think he's been picked up due to being available at a fee that we couldn't ignore. £500k and I expect him to play in the position that Luke Freeman has been playing pretty inefectively for last few games.

I to don't/can't see him being JK replacement.

41 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Ah - so beefing up the squad numbers a bit

Essentially, yes. He'll start some games no doubt, but also be used as a sub in others. LJ has already proved himself to be a bit of a 'tinkerman' who is going to utilise the full squad that is at his disposal.

Talented lad though who will pop up in various different positions, has pace and an eye for goal.

Sounds like an asset to the team not just a panic buy at the end which is good. Felt a bit sorry when he was announced though as a) most of the crowd were away getting refreshments etc and b) the bloody tannoy didn't help, he was left hanging do to speak which was a bit unfair. Couple that with the fact he was bought in pretty much under the radar, my first knowledge of him was when a photo was on Twitter/Facebook of him in the car park about an hour before the game.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Sounds like an asset to the team not just a panic buy at the end which is good. Felt a bit sorry when he was announced though as a) most of the crowd were away getting refreshments etc and b) the bloody tannoy didn't help, he was left hanging do to speak which was a bit unfair. Couple that with the fact he was bought in pretty much under the radar, my first knowledge of him was when a photo was on Twitter/Facebook of him in the car park about an hour before the game.

and we didn't know who he was…and Kodjia…and we were one-nil down…

I did feel sorry for the lad. Welcome to AG!

5 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

Goal scoring winger, I think he's been picked up due to being available at a fee that we couldn't ignore. £500k and I expect him to play in the position that Luke Freeman has been playing pretty inefectively for last few games.

I to don't/can't see him being JK replacement.

Pretty good business at 500k.....quick feet,runs at defenders and an eye for goal...

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

Patterson,  Reid, Bryan, O'Dowda all young players who like to attack and run at the opposition, will be nice to see them battling out those midfield attacking slots.

Should include Freeman as well, he's 3 months younger than Paterson.

7 hours ago, Ray White said:

If you speak to any Huddersfield fans they seem to have taken a liking to him when he was on loan there last season. They wanted to sign him by all accounts but Forest messed them around. Oh well, their loss is our gain hopefully!

That's what I'm told from Huddersfield fans as well. Looks like a good signing to me. Apparently the reason was that Forest were changing management around at the time and wouldn't make a decision.

10 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Don't know much about him - anyone got the details?  How much did we pay and is he JK's replacement?

Work with a Huddersfield season ticket holder and were talking about Saturday's games. He commented we had signed Paterson, said what a good player he was and was disappointed they hadn't signed him. Said he plays as a number 10. Huddersfield wanted to sign him but at the time florist had just got a new manager and so deal wasn't available. He wasn't sure why they hadn't pursued it this summer but added that the new manager is mainly looking at the European market 

Does anyone think LJ is trying to do something similar to what Pep is doing at Man City?

Playing a kind of 5-5 formation:

4 defenders and G'ON allowing 5 forward players: Tammy, Tomlin, Reid, Bryan, (now) Paterson all playing in a 'fairly' fluid manner, shifting, drifting and causing damage, supported by the fullbacks. 

Archived