IGNORED

Transfer Deadline Day Thread (Merged)

cityexile

Testing as much as anything whether our hard working and beloved mods will allow us a thread on here just for the day, for mindless speculation, some departures maybe, chat about what our competitors are doing, hopefully some incomings etc.

Have enjoyed the transfer forum and think if has worked well, but may be difficult to follow if a number of threads are live at the same time? At least for the likes of me.

If on balance you would rather not, then you have the big red delete button!

22 hours or so to go!

It is exciting/ slightly worrying to be involved in the madness that is Transfer deadline day for once.

Yes we need a couple but would rather not spend then panic spend over the odds, Hope most fans arent expecting the Kodjia money to be spent tommorow as you will be disappointed. That being said definately expect/hope for movement by City, Gonna be interesting for sure. 

Personally I think today will be finishing deals off we've already been negotiating the last few days/week which started well before Kodjia's sale, so as Robin 101 pointed out we probably won't be spending much of the money from Kodjia's sale as I'd imagine we were going to fork out for these signings regardless if he was still here or not.  The only situation I can see occurring tomorrow is if the extra money gives us the ability to target a player or two we perhaps couldn't before and may wish to now pursue them.  Still I can't see us just throwing £8+mil at one player unless their likely to significantly increase in value in the future, we've all about buying players on the up/with potential now not when their already at their peak (ability and cost wise).

Regardless, still going to be exciting to see who else comes through the door!

29 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Keep track of all of the days dealings. This is a huge one for City today. I honestly believe a good day for us could see us playing in the Premiership next season. 

Hold tight!!!

There could be Premiership action at AG next season, but probably not Premier League action

How many players are City still in the hunt for?  What do we 100% need?

Definitely need at least 1 very good striker; for all the money for JK, we now have a massive gap in the squad to fill.

Otherwise we pray that Tammy stays injury free, which is a slight concern seeing as he already has a strain, and his body may struggle to keep the pace with his first full professional season.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Remember these are only backups for Tammy, we'll normally only play with one striker and we still have Wilbs

We were playing Kodjia and Tammy......plus Tammy is not our player. We need and will be looking to bring in a permanent striker of equal or better quality plus a 'back-up' (Gustav?)

9 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

We were playing Kodjia and Tammy......plus Tammy is not our player. We need and will be looking to bring in a permanent striker of equal or better quality plus a 'back-up' (Gustav?)

Plus we have to remember how young Tammy is, he is going to need a break at various times this season, certainly need another 2 strikers today.

14 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Kodjia was playing wide, Paterson can play there now. We'll save most of the money for a big signing at the end of the season to replace Tammy

Just now, ashton_fan said:

Kodjia was playing wide, Paterson can play there now. We'll save most of the money for a big signing at the end of the season to replace Tammy

Don't agree......too big a risk.

A few days ago we had Tammy, Kodjia, Agard, Wilbraham and Garita as out and out strikers.......we now only have 3 and Garita could be one of those going out on loan. Wilbraham would never last a month let along a season as a lone striker.

If Tammy gets injured or out of form, what then? Paterson?....a lot of expectation and pressure on a young lad and he's not even an out and out striker

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Don't agree......too big a risk.

A few days ago we had Tammy, Kodjia, Agard, Wilbraham and Garita as out and out strikers.......we now only have 3 and Garita could be one of those going out on loan. Wilbraham would never last a month let along a season as a lone striker.

If Tammy gets injured or out of form, what then? Paterson?....a lot of expectation and pressure on a young lad and he's not even an out and out striker

As I said earlier we'll sign Engvall and Waghorn today but they won"t be expected to replace Tammy at the end of the season unless one of them exceeds expectations by a long way

As others have said, at least 2 strikers coming in

Ekstrand to sign once the window has shut, apparently....seems odd

I've got a funny feeling that we're going to see a big departure too. Just got a feeling in my water today......Flint, Pack, Golbourne, someone like that

Archived