IGNORED

20 minutes til the window shuts

WhistleHappy

5 minutes ago, Mamballs said:

I hope he's a diamond in the rough, but replacing Kodja with a 1.7 million forward doesn't fill me with confidence especially when you look at his scoring rate.

Do you think we should have paid more for him?

4 minutes ago, Mamballs said:

I hope he's a diamond in the rough, but replacing Kodja with a 1.7 million forward doesn't fill me with confidence especially when you look at his scoring rate.

Replacing someone we bought last year for £2.1m with someone we bought this year for £1.7m (was it even £1.7m..?) 

Why? 

Some me people do talk shite. 

7 minutes ago, Mamballs said:

Kodjia had 1 good season before joining us, was a total unknown and cost £2m

This lad has a reasonable strike rate of the 1 in 4 posted on this thread is true, is only 20 and is a Swedish international. He has much more scope to improve than Kodjia did as he isn't at his peak years already.

Unless there is some very late news yet to come out that is a disappointing day.

Already needing one striker, we then sell Kodjia and bring in one striker. Essentially we still need one striker!

And with more money available to spend than ever.

18, 20 and 36. The age of our three strikers. Can't help but feel a 25/26 year old with a decent track record is missing from there.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Unless there is some very late news yet to come out that is a disappointing day.

Already needing one striker, we then sell Kodjia and bring in one striker. Essentially we still need one striker!

And with more money available to spend than ever.

18, 20 and 36. The age of our three strikers. Can't help but feel a 25/26 year old with a decent track record is missing from there.

We also have Tomlin and Patterson who can play as a striker. Both at around the 'right' age

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Would prefer a player who does play in that position rather than can.

All in all a good summers business. Just disappointed not to see another striker come in today.

Anyone can play there, but Patterson and Tomlin have played that role in the past. So they fall under the "do play there" bracket

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kodjia had 1 good season before joining us, was a total unknown and cost £2m

This lad has a reasonable strike rate of the 1 in 4 posted on this thread is true, is only 20 and is a Swedish international. He has much more scope to improve than Kodjia did as he isn't at his peak years already.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not being funny mate but a '1.7 million forward'....we aren't talking Bas Savage here...

I'm just comparing 1.7 to the over 15 million we've taken in. I admit i'm being a bit greedy.

3 minutes ago, foghornred said:

The window can stay open until 0100 if they submit a form with all party signatures on before 2300 so don't give up hope just yet.

NEWS: The transfer window is now closed and there will be no more incomings or outgoings at Ashton Gate. #DeadlineDayDeadline_Day_2016.png

Afraid not. It has been an excellent window overall. The loss of Kodjia does just knock it back for me certainly, but overall,  not bad at all.

•  

4 minutes ago, foghornred said:

The window can stay open until 0100 if they submit a form with all party signatures on before 2300 so don't give up hope just yet.

Compared to this time last year in over the ******* moon :thumbsup:

Wasn't it Kermogrant we were hoping for last time?, Grabben this year....who will Bournmouth tempt us with next year? 

Tammy is not our player at the end of the day so I find it shocking that as strikers go we really only have 1 who can realistically play for us next year and its the bloke who has just joined for 1.7mil with 15 goals in 61 appearances.

Unfortunately rather than bring in 2 quality forwards now that Kodjia money is either probably going to plug a hole somewhere or is our transfer budget for the next 3 years. 

No need to spend silly money but to fail to take advantage of a great Kodjia coup making that much profit is criminal as that sought of thing doesn't happen twice!

Tammy is still learning and the season is long, Wilbs is great but only now and then as backup, the new guy is unproven so all in all it could be a very long season..... why let Agard go then???

34 minutes ago, Mamballs said:

For this season at least, you can argue that Tammy is the Kodjia replacement and Engvall comes in for Agard. I think that sounds reasonable enough to me.

I was thinking City had done well during this transfer window, had gotten off to a great start to the season and had the beginnings of a great looking stadium.

I knew that this out break of optimism had to be curtailed with a quick visit to OTIB :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Tammy is not our player at the end of the day so I find it shocking that as strikers go we really only have 1 who can realistically play for us next year and its the bloke who has just joined for 1.7mil with 15 goals in 61 appearances.

I reckon we might buy another striker or two before then.

Not ITK, just a hunch.

Archived