IGNORED

Dack Clough

Jack Dawe

On that note I'm not sure under the current management either would ever have been considered (DNA...)

Even if you ignore Dacks "Boy in Da Corner" antics, he's been available at a price (so say) that teams at our level wouldn't balk at, and has ability. So, there feels like there's something else there - attitude?

Clough - ignoring his "Dad in da corner", the whole attitude in January was wrong.

Both good players, but some things are as important as ability

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On that note I'm not sure under the current management either would ever have been considered (DNA...)

Even if you ignore Dacks "Boy in Da Corner" antics, he's been available at a price (so say) that teams at our level wouldn't balk at, and has ability. So, there feels like there's something else there - attitude?

Clough - ignoring his "Dad in da corner", the whole attitude in January was wrong.

Both good players, but some things are as important as ability

You do know we bid 3 times for Dack under the present management. 

18 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

You do know we bid 3 times for Dack under the present management. 

This is almost certainly true (we bid three times at least) from what I have heard anecdotally. However I always feel its better to meet someone before forming an opinion. I guess the opinion is three times a charm and if you don't want to come after all that then we and our team don't want you!

Just now, Doozerchris said:

LJ is not the maanger,  he's a coach all player recruitment is done by the management team headed by MA , so yes we did.

If you think LJ doesn't have a huge affect on who comes in, then you're deluded. If LJ wanted him we would've bid for him. It would appear LJ didn't want him because we didn't bid for him this window.

6 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

LJ is not the maanger,  he's a coach all player recruitment is done by the management team headed by MA , so yes we did.

LJ and Des identify the targets, then MA does the haggling/seals the deal. That's my understanding. MA does not say, "what about Bradley Dack. Great right peg/wrist......" he just does the money/contracts/paperwork (?)

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

If you think LJ doesn't have a huge affect on who comes in, then you're deluded. If LJ wanted him we would've bid for him. It would appear LJ didn't want him because we didn't bid for him this window.

Or we brought Tomlin in instead , but hey what do I know I'm deluded

13 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

LJ and Des identify the targets, then MA does the haggling/seals the deal. That's my understanding. MA does not say, "what about Bradley Dack. Great right peg/wrist......" he just does the money/contracts/paperwork (?)

I kinda get how it works Jack :thumbsup:

What's the big deal? MA tried to sign Dack in January. In the summer we aimed for much higher than Dack and succeeded. It's in the past. He was a target and then over time he become a lesser option. I'd say Jamie Paterson at what? A year older and 1/2-3/4 of the price while also having loads of games At championship level. We were in for Dack, we signed better players and we moved on. Chances are if we had Dack we never would've got Tomlin and Dack could be playing in Red in L1 this year. It worked out lads. 

Archived