IGNORED

Club record signing is...

JasonM88

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sometimes I wish I had player.  

Most of the time though I just wish the club gave every fan access to everything.  

It's probably worth it if you don't make every game, especially away. There's full match replays there now which is cool.

The app is ok, pretty buggy and commentary turns off and on at random intervals. Hopefully it'll all be free to air once their contract with whoever's behind 'player' expires. Would be good to have it all on YouTube and commentary hosted on the site.

I'd say it's worth the fee if you're interested more in depth content/don't make every single game.

£11m spent in total this summer. Good sell on deals for Bollasie and Adomah, books looking better than they did before the window. Planning on 20k crowds this season. Mixture of older exerienced and youth. Scouts in Europe. Lots of pats on the back for MA, LJ and DT. Pretty positive which reflects the general feeling through the whole club at the moment. Rotherham fixture is the most important as it will show just how far we have come from last year.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would anyone be kind enough  to give a quick summary . Thanks . 

Good transfer window though crazily expensive, can't see prices being sustainable over the long term and is glad we have the infrastructure we do. Kodjia (after adds ons and euro conversion) is our record signing to date at 3.25million, tommo was 3 million. Total expenditure was around 11 million, not quite in profit yet apparently. I assume this might be becuase we have only just started the season. Not yet got safety certificate yet for full stadium sell out. LJ and MA have done outstanding job. Good seek on fees from YB and AA sales. Can't think of the rest off top of my head!

At the time of signing, the club reported Kodja was signed for 3m euro. At the date of signing the exchange rate was approx 1.4 euro to the pound, hence we paid £2.14m

If we now have him as record buy at £3.25m, this means (apx) £1.1m was given to Angers after the villa sale. We know we got £11m (club site), so the sell on was either 10% of next fee or c12.5% of profit.

As long as my maths holds water!

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's probably worth it if you don't make every game, especially away. There's full match replays there now which is cool.

The app is ok, pretty buggy and commentary turns off and on at random intervals. Hopefully it'll all be free to air once their contract with whoever's behind 'player' expires. Would be good to have it all on YouTube and commentary hosted on the site.

I'd say it's worth the fee if you're interested more in depth content/don't make every single game.

Cheap if you take into account the highlights package that is on there now.

I still spend a dreamy 30 minutes every now and then watching Fulham away :clap:

12 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

£11m spent in total this summer. Good sell on deals for Bollasie and Adomah, books looking better than they did before the window. Planning on 20k crowds this season. Mixture of older exerienced and youth. Scouts in Europe. Lots of pats on the back for MA, LJ and DT. Pretty positive which reflects the general feeling through the whole club at the moment. Rotherham fixture is the most important as it will show just how far we have come from last year.

11 minutes ago, Kermit the Frog said:

Good transfer window though crazily expensive, can't see prices being sustainable over the long term and is glad we have the infrastructure we do. Kodjia (after adds ons and euro conversion) is our record signing to date at 3.25million, tommo was 3 million. Total expenditure was around 11 million, not quite in profit yet apparently. I assume this might be becuase we have only just started the season. Not yet got safety certificate yet for full stadium sell out. LJ and MA have done outstanding job. Good seek on fees from YB and AA sales. Can't think of the rest off top of my head!

Thank you. Decided I'm going to purchase player . 

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

At the time of signing, the club reported Kodja was signed for 3m euro. At the date of signing the exchange rate was approx 1.4 euro to the pound, hence we paid £2.14m

If we now have him as record buy at £3.25m, this means (apx) £1.1m was given to Angers after the villa sale. We know we got £11m (club site), so the sell on was either 10% of next fee or c12.5% of profit.

I don't think it was anything to do with sell-on, but more goal bonuses and appearance bonuses.

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No I don't think that's how it works; 3.25m includes add-ons. You can't really calculate a signing based on a potentially empty sell-on.

So it's official. Kodjia refused to play away at Scunthorpe. Great player last season but thought this was a rumour, gone down massively in my estimation, quite used to players moving on from our club but simply refusing to play for any club while contracted is despicable, childish, classless and many other things. Players now have all the power, why do they need to play games like this to exert even more control.

Choose not to contribute to the team and let down all your teammates? **** off to Villa and fail miserably with your ridiculous Michael Jackson plaster cast and Two Ronnies glasses.

And by the way, it's very humbling to hear Steve Lansdown apologising very genuinely for what he said about not selling Kodjia, but if there is anyone who has less to apologise for, it is him. I assume it will appease those who saw fit to be very cynical about SL after the deal went through.

8 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

No I don't think that's how it works; 3.25m includes add-ons. You can't really calculate a signing based on a potentially empty sell-on.

I agree you can't include a theoretical sell on in a deal value but you can when realised

Its a matter of record on the club site re the original fee (20th July 15) being 3m euro. So to get to the £3.25m final fee it has to include the sell on, as we wouldn't have paid as much as £1m last season based on goals/games.

Put it this way; this time last week Tomlin was probably our record buy, Kodjia became it on Tuesday when we realised the sell on clause 

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sometimes I wish I had player.  

Most of the time though I just wish the club gave every fan access to everything.  

Most interviews, game highlights etc are on UTUBE for free .. it's the people who Pay for "Player" who don't always get a good deal.. they might get to see the INFO first but it's usually on Utube soon after.

3 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

Most interviews, game highlights etc are on UTUBE for free .. it's the people who Pay for "Player" who don't always get a good deal.. they might get to see the IFO first but it's usually on Utube soon after.

Pretty sure they get a lot more content than we get on YouTube...

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I agree you can't include a theoretical sell on in a deal value but you can when realised

Its a matter of record on the club site re the original fee (20th July 15) being 3m euro. So to get to the £3.25m final fee it has to include the sell on, as we wouldn't have paid as much as £1m last season based on goals/games.

Put it this way; this time last week Tomlin was probably our record buy, Kodjia became it on Tuesday when we realised the sell on clause 

No, you're wrong. A sell on wouldn't be included in the buying fee. SL stated himself that the fee was increased due to goal and appearance money. 

10 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

Most interviews, game highlights etc are on UTUBE for free .. it's the people who Pay for "Player" who don't always get a good deal.. they might get to see the INFO first but it's usually on Utube soon after.

Odds and sods on YouTube, full interviews and highlights on Player, well worth the money.

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

No, you're wrong. A sell on wouldn't be included in the buying fee. SL stated himself that the fee was increased due to goal and appearance money. 

Having not seen the interview I'm happy to stand corrected if that's the case.

I am however stunned that we agreed to pay an extra £1m (or 50% of up front fee) for 40 games/20 goals in first season. That feels intuitively high

12 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

Full matches are not on YouTube are they ? 

Player really is a no brainer , not expensive and indispensable for us exilés .

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's worth every penny if you live away from Bristol and listen to the commentary online.

I don't really have the time for the highlights (Sky/Channel 5 highlights of the goals are enough for me) or most of the video content but I do like the more in-depth interviews.

The app I think is actually really quite good these days. Back in the early days (nigh on 20 years ago!) it would drop out at some point during most matches but now it's pretty much perfect when listening at home and completely usable streamed over 3/4G on mobile. The fact that I can go and watch my local team play whilst listening to City on my mobile is pretty remarkable really.

Obviously if the club can deliver that kind of service for free then that would be good but I'm more than satisfied with what I get for around £40 a year.

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having not seen the interview I'm happy to stand corrected if that's the case.

I am however stunned that we agreed to pay an extra £1m (or 50% of up front fee) for 40 games/20 goals in first season. That feels intuitively high

That seems completely reasonable. No one expected him to be as successful as he was. The clauses were probably 30 games, 15 goals. 

SL mentions the impact of foreign (particularly Chinese) ownership upon spiralling transfer prices. He cited Villa, Wolves and WBA. Because of the size of transfer fees now, resulting in over £1bn being spent during the last window, it's imperative that we continue to follow the present model of buying [relatively] cheaper and selling much higher as well as developing talent through our Academy.

Reinforcing @Olé's earlier post, SL said he should have recognised the perils of making his comment regarding not selling JK to another Championship team but he never expected one of them to meet our valuation. He apologised for anyone who thought that he was going against his promise but JK through his action at Scunny showed that he no longer wanted to be with us and also, it's an unbelievable amount of money which we simply couldn't turn down.

I can honestly say from someone who is also an exile from Bristol...having been using player for a number of years its well worth the £4 odds per month standing order...whereby I and the missus can listen to live commentary...home or away. It's also great to read the live Twitter wall throughout the match..seeing a goal scored seconds before its actually announced!!!

COYR

Archived