IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers fans flying to India to confront owners

Never to the dark side

43 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

What a shambles. I'm sure I remember reading that when Venky's bought the club, they didn't realise you could get relegated from the Prem!  Off-field issues more often than not transfer themselves to the pitch so expect a season of struggles for them. 

Judging by their business in the window, I think you could be right.

This season`s Bolton?

They were living off past glories for many years then Jack Walker's money propelled them to success and now they have a foreign owner and going nowhere.

I can see a bleak future for them and any other club with a foreign owner outside of the Premier League 

Not really followed the ins and out of these protests... but the original protests  by BRAG when venky s first took over were poorly supported.   The benefit of hindsight has unfortunately proven them right, but it shows how fans can be slow to act if supporter groups are too friendly with their football club and fear loss of access.

19 hours ago, Tall King Blox said:

Change India to Jordan, and Blackburn to Bristol and then we would have more of the gift that keeps giving

In the reasonably unlikely event that the Al Qadi's turn out to be bad for Rovers, Gasheads will just do the same thing they've always done...take it up the ass whilst patting each other on the back, congratulating themselves about how 'loyal' they are in that w@nky way they do.

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In the reasonably unlikely event that the Al Qadi's turn out to be bad for Rovers, Gasheads will just do the same thing they've always done...take it up the ass whilst patting each other on the back, congratulating themselves about how 'loyal' they are in that w@nky way they do.

And that there is Bristol rovers in a nutshell 

Judging by the comments below the article, the supporters appear to be having a (not so) civil war! 
One guy had the cheek to suggest that flying over to Pune might just be a waste of time and money and he's been set upon!

Plank's Universal Constant: BRFC + Famous Funny Blue and White strip = Basket Case

That reminds me - I listened to a re-run of 606 last weekend and a Blackburn fan (maybe even leader of a fan group) rung in virtually in tears about this, and went on to complain about the fact that the rest of football has done nothing to help them. He sounded very bitter about it and was saying everyone else in football (former players, clubs, fans, the FA) wasn't interested in their plight. 

I'm curious what others feel about this but it struck a nerve with me. As far as I'm concerned football fans are a family and have rallied around other clubs fan initiatives and issues many times, but what really is called for here? This is a club that has won the Premiership and had two decades there. Going bust is one thing, but why is having **** owners anything others need to be emotionally invested in?

Do they expect to roll out the 'football family' because they've seen it done for clubs close to going bust? I get solidarity among fans to protect supporters interests in their clubs, but why should fans of lots of clubs starved of success rally around the likes of Blackpool and Blackburn when they've had their moment in the sun and are now in decline, however much that's down to mismanagement?

Perhaps I've misunderstood something about the Venky's thing, but I just don't see what it's got to do with anyone else, besides a little bit of sympathy. 

7 hours ago, Olé said:

That reminds me - I listened to a re-run of 606 last weekend and a Blackburn fan (maybe even leader of a fan group) rung in virtually in tears about this, and went on to complain about the fact that the rest of football has done nothing to help them. He sounded very bitter about it and was saying everyone else in football (former players, clubs, fans, the FA) wasn't interested in their plight. 

I'm curious what others feel about this but it struck a nerve with me. As far as I'm concerned football fans are a family and have rallied around other clubs fan initiatives and issues many times, but what really is called for here? This is a club that has won the Premiership and had two decades there. Going bust is one thing, but why is having **** owners anything others need to be emotionally invested in?

Do they expect to roll out the 'football family' because they've seen it done for clubs close to going bust? I get solidarity among fans to protect supporters interests in their clubs, but why should fans of lots of clubs starved of success rally around the likes of Blackpool and Blackburn when they've had their moment in the sun and are now in decline, however much that's down to mismanagement?

Perhaps I've misunderstood something about the Venky's thing, but I just don't see what it's got to do with anyone else, besides a little bit of sympathy. 

The question I ask myself in these situations are this, what did the tgen premiership club Blackburn Rovers do to help the many clubs that came into financial difficult?

I then base my sympathy levels on that.

Truth is when Blackburn were winning the prem and enjoyed a long stint in that league they didn't give a flying **** about the numerous league clubs whom were struggling financially. And for that very reason I don't give a flying **** about their current plight.

They are seriously in no position to say with all the money the prem has they should be helping clubs like ourselves. Blackburn were part of the problem and now they are having to face the same consequences as many of other clubs have had to.

Im delighted that we have seen clubs like Blackburn, Leeds etc struggle. They were once in a position to make changes to the game, about foreign owners and how much money is fed down to the lower leagues. They didn't care at all back then as they were too busy counting their own money. Now reality is biting them firmly in the ass .

Some interesting parallels being drawn between the two BRFC's. One significant difference though would be that there'd be no need for any Bristol based fans to fly out to Pune to take action. The Pune branch of the faithful and true (which I'm sure numbers tens of thousands) would be able to deal with the matter locally...

This article from the Blackburn campaign admits that the cost cutting by the Venkys means that the club could be financially viable in two years.

http://www.roverstrust.com/2015/01/19/blackburn-rovers-accounts-reveal-true-financial-horror-venkys-regime/

So what they're bellyaching about is that they've had twenty years of owners pouring money into their club and now that tap's been turned off that the club will find its own level based upon its support; probably Div 3.

I obviously missed the memo about Blackburn having an automatic right to stay in the Premiership.

So a club that has got used to trying and failing to buy success isn`t going to do that any more and is aiming to be run sustainably. Not a bad way of thinking in my view. We`re on the way to achieving that so why can`t they do it although a lot of their fans are probably too far up themselves to look at little old Bristol City as an example.

Then maybe when football does eat itself they may still have a club to support.

On 03/09/2016 at 12:23, Red Right Hand said:

Judging by their business in the window, I think you could be right.

This season`s Bolton?

Indeed. I fear also that they'll be Bolton MK 2 this year. Also think if Villa's money spunking signings don't pan out, they'll be down there too.

What's that old saying? You can polish a turd?

9 hours ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Gas fans would never find Wally.Tent could be anywhere in desert!Suppose tent would be the naff blue and white quarters made from the leftovers of their south stand.

I'd have thought that Gas fans would be expert at loitering within tents?

Archived