IGNORED

Sheff Wed Away

And Its Smith

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Can regular away attendees confirm that this will be pretty much guaranteed POTD?

90% sure I can go but rather just pay when I get there to avoid risk.

Would imagine it'll be POTD. Sold just over 100 out of 760 tickets allocated. Would be very surprised if there was no POTD option.

5 minutes ago, Tall King Blox said:

Why should they learn ? 4,500 equates to a lot of dosh !  

Didn't say they should just responding to someone who assumed everyone was paying £27 to get in but there not.

supply and demand I suppose. Villa's first away game of the season was always going to attract a big crowd

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Remarkable they took that many given that price.  Big fanbase I suppose, so even if some object there are plenty of others willing to step in.

Also first away game of the season and the novelty factor of not having played there in a while.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Tomlins_toe said:

How many we taking? 

Based in Manchester so a fairly easy away game for Me to get to. Surely should be minimum 750+??

If it was a Saturday I would agree, or a midweek in London. Would guess more would go to Rotherham than Sheffield 

41 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Tickets and hotel sorted. Going to be in Sheffield all day sampling the local brew. Can anyone direct me to pubs around the ground we can go to closer kick off? Cheers!

Go to Kelham Island- it's about 1.5-2 miles from Hillsborough, but the pubs and eateries are great. You can then either get a tram from Shalesmoor (outside a pub called The Wellington) or a bus from outside The Riverside (which does great burgers). The Fat Cat is probably the best pub down there, but any and all are good

I've been in the Barrack Tavern near the ground on match days but only with Wednesday fans. Good pub, not threatening but not sure they'd welcome away fans

23 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Go to Kelham Island- it's about 1.5-2 miles from Hillsborough, but the pubs and eateries are great. You can then either get a tram from Shalesmoor (outside a pub called The Wellington) or a bus from outside The Riverside (which does great burgers). The Fat Cat is probably the best pub down there, but any and all are good

I've been in the Barrack Tavern near the ground on match days but only with Wednesday fans. Good pub, not threatening but not sure they'd welcome away fans

Thanks! I've been to that burger place loads of times but going again Tuesday. Fairly familiar with them places just never been up to Hillsbrough way in Sheffield before

22 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Can't think why they would travel back Saturday night only to have to go back up Monday afternoon..strange one.

LJ said it's important for players to have family time and it's only 3 hours or whatever and they're on a dead smart comfy coach so it isn't a problem 

Archived