IGNORED

New Champions League rules , farcical

Major Isewater

They've had the super idea to help the competition by giving more prize money to former winners , a fantastic way to ensure the future health of European football and to help those club at the top who have huge overheads to pay .

In other news , talk of a break away super league continues which should ensure that there are no more nasty surprises like Leicester City who spoilt everyone's plans last season.

This super league idea shows how greedy football is ...who exactly even wants one? I know the fans don't...

Nottingham forest won Europe and were big years ago does that mean they should be entered in the super league? No... So why do teams like Liverpool man united and Milan be garenteed spots instead of teams like Leicester due to past?

Fans love an underdog ...I'm not interested in a soulless super league ...

6 minutes ago, prankerd said:

This super league idea shows how greedy football is ...who exactly even wants one? I know the fans don't...

Nottingham forest won Europe and were big years ago does that mean they should be entered in the super league? No... So why do teams like Liverpool man united and Milan be garenteed spots instead of teams like Leicester due to past?

In answer to who wants one - the TV markets serving Asia etc which is where the big bucks are in terms of exposure/emerging markets etc.

Like it or not, "fans" in these markets only know the big teams, won't often/ever get the chance to travel to see the big teams so making sure you get Man U vs Real Madrid twice a year really appeals to that demographic.

Revenue provided from ticket sales to fans who attend week in week out is a drop in the ocean compared to TV money if the product broadcast is what those markets want

5 minutes ago, prankerd said:

I am. The Premier League as we know it will be unsustainable as without Man U, Chelsea etc the TV rights will be sold for much much less. As such the running costs of domestic football will fall. This'll lead to less foreign players attracted by the money, lower wages and hopefully lower ticket prices. In addition the Premier League will probably have to be re-absorbed into the Football League.

United already have a phoenix club in FC United and Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Citeh fans will quickly form their own for their real fans. 

In addition the FA won't be so bound by the Premier League and so can impose decent rules on academies (not pinching all the young players like Chelsea do) and minimum quotas on English players. 

Meanwhile La Liga which is financially the must unfair league in the world will lose RM and FCB and can also re-form itself. 

I can't wait for the day when they kill the Goose who lays the golden eggs ( not a real Goose of course , I'm a vegetarian) .

How many fans of Man Utd , Liverpool, Arsenal etc really feel like the club ' belongs ' to them ? 

I would love us to play in the top League whatever it's called these days but I'm pretty sure the experience would/ will be nothing like as brilliant as when we went up in the seventies.

The club was 'ours ' , the players were ' ours ' , not some Johnny Mercenary who did n't give a toss about the club or the fans.

I confess that outside of the League that City play in , I have very little interest in the game .

I , only watched one match in the Euros because a friend invited me round , if not International football bores me so I would n't have bothered.

I will try and watch matches which feature City players but that's all.

Thank you Murdoch and company , you've killed my enthusiasm for football , only my love of City remains.

Archived