IGNORED

Goals inside the 6 yard box

gornagain

6 minutes ago, gornagain said:

I scanned through last season's goals on you tube. More than 3-1 were from outside.

So far this season in the league it is 4 from outside 5 from inside. Is this just down to Abraham or is there a change in style?

The thing I like about him most id that he is a poacher, nothing flash like some of the kids that come and go. Saturdays goal was the sharpest yet, touch, turn and shoot. Very very impressive.

You  have to get the ball in the box  to give   yourselve high chance of hitting the back of the net ,  I remember  sitting  in the  Williams behind the dug out and  cotts  balling out  5/6 times  a match  "get it in the box"        the other problem  we have we don't  score enough  from set pieces    I only red this morning that of the 9 goals  QPR  have scored this season   all have been set pieces  4 free kicks 4 pens  1 from corner 

12 hours ago, cityred exile said:

You  have to get the ball in the box  to give   yourselve high chance of hitting the back of the net ,  I remember  sitting  in the  Williams behind the dug out and  cotts  balling out  5/6 times  a match  "get it in the box"        the other problem  we have we don't  score enough  from set pieces    I only red this morning that of the 9 goals  QPR  have scored this season   all have been set pieces  4 free kicks 4 pens  1 from corner 

Their supporters will surely be moaning that they have n't scored a single goal from free play .

Interestingly I don't remember Tammy scoring what you would call a 'good' goal for us yet. They seem to have all been close in, scrappy type finishes. 

He has the happy knack of being in just the right place to pick up the ball in the box. Very happy to have someone like that up front. Every goal is good as far as I am concerned. Will be interesting to see if he also has the ability to score the odd stunner though.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Interestingly I don't remember Tammy scoring what you would call a 'good' goal for us yet. They seem to have all been close in, scrappy type finishes. 

He has the happy knack of being in just the right place to pick up the ball in the box. Very happy to have someone like that up front. Every goal is good as far as I am concerned. Will be interesting to see if he also has the ability to score the odd stunner though.

I think O'Dowda has a few "good" goals in him.

• Admin
2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Funny I was having the same discussion at the weekend, reminds me of an Ian Rush type player who always had the knack of getting a goal in the game

Ironically it is a sort of player we have been missing, but with playing one up front is probably exactly what we need - someone to feed off of second balls

Not sure we can just put it down to Tammy as it's not just him scoring from inside, we just seem to be getting into dangerous positions more this season than last. We have some really talented attacking players, when it all falls into place it will be a joy to watch.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Maybe he just needs a goal then he might go on a run.

He's playing 'ok' at the moment, but never actually convinces me that he's going to be on the score sheet any time soon. 

His confidence is clearly still affected, as the Stevenage/City 2014/15 Freeman would be all over free kicks on the edge of the box etc.

Would like to see him get his 'spunk' back so to speak, but I think it's not going to appear again for us I'm afraid. 

12 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

He's playing 'ok' at the moment, but never actually convinces me that he's going to be on the score sheet any time soon. 

His confidence is clearly still affected, as the Stevenage/City 2014/15 Freeman would be all over free kicks on the edge of the box etc.

Would like to see him get his 'spunk' back so to speak, but I think it's not going to appear again for us I'm afraid. 

Hasn't got a shout a free kicks with Tomlin in the team - and nor should he.

It must be a composure issue. The man plays football every day of his life and I presume knows how to kick a football properly and probably nets quite frequently in training, however in a goal attempt situation in a game he fails, constantly. scuffed, wayward, no confidence no composure. Its quite bizarre really.

12 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Kieron Agard was king of the scuffed finish.  But they all count!

Jonathan Kodjia the queen then. Connected well with a few (Huddersfield game end of last season) but his ability to scuff his shots was always something that concerned/surprised me

Archived