IGNORED

RIP City fan JACK SHEPPARD

cider head

BRISTOL CITY lost one of its biggest fans. Jack Shepherd who has followed city since the 1940s passed away Aged 90. A fair few of those old school lads of today have been on this mans coach at some point starting off their time with Bristol City.

Jack ran a few away coaches following City mostly through the 1970's.

Jacks funeral is on Thursday 22nd September 2pm at south Bristol crem, coffin will drive past Ashton gate before hand and drinks after in the assembly in bedminster where Jack drank (right up to near his death).. It would be good if people could spread the word with those who knew him and if some of those who ever graced his coaches could pop along to pay their respects.

14370416_1208112435911897_1177768086336214330096_1208112465911894_81199004019004

Larger than life and twice as loud, I lived next door to Jack for a few years and worked with him for a short time during school holidays, always remember his criticism of fellow Painters and Decorators who used a certain tool - "He's no ....... good! He uses a Roller". RIP big man the world will be the poorer without you in it!

So sad to hear of Jack’s passing. What a character! My favourite memory of him had nothing to do with football. I first came across him when a group of City fans headed north to Loch Ness to hunt for the monster for a week(as you do!). We were put into twos to operate and live on small boats to scan the loch with sonar. The mixture was a lot of serious scientists and monster tragics and a few piss head City fans. When we were allocated boats I ended up with the short straw and got Jack. What a short straw to pick – he was amazing and we had a ****ing hoot despite our 40 years difference, surviving the week on Haggis and Cider. Probably my favourite moment amongst many was when we attended a “very serious meeting” about the plans for the day. The scientists were truly worried about the two of us and rather than give our boat a marker point to aim at, such as a rock or tree, we were given Urquhart Castle which is the largest and most famous landmark on the Loch. Jack’s response was one of worry, and wondering if we could find it, said "Couldn't dis run a flag up it?". Priceless! RIP Capt’n Jack

We were sorry to hear ole Jack has passed away, we could tell many stories about him on our trips following the City in the 70s. Jack ran a coach to every city away match in them

days and the coach was always full no matter where they played. It would take ages to load up the coach with beer and cider, which would never be allowed today.

When we played up north our night out was always at the Oldham Ath supporters club, where we were only allowed in if Jack was with us.

Although he had followed the Reds since the 40s his favourite player was Gerry Gow who he always called Our Gere. Jack was over the moon when we arranged for Gowie to ring

him up from Portland when Jack was ill recently. We could write a book of stories about following the Reds around the country with Jack but I'm sure it would not be allowed on here.

This is our first post on here for maybe 5 years, but for Jack it had to be Done.... My favourite storey of Jack was When we beat Don Revie`s Leeds United 1-0 at Elland Road in the FA

Cup in the 70s. As we came out of the ground we landed up in the Posh Bar there, it was Jacks round so he ordered 4 pints. he asked the barmaid how much is that and she said No

sir you don't pay in here, Jack said "Don't Pay" cancel they  pints then and make it 4 double whiskeys :laugh:. Also in the Bar was the Liverpool manager Bill Shankly who City were drawn

against in the next round. Jack shouted across the room "Hey Shanks we`ll beat you f.....ing lot too in the next round." We drank our whiskeys and were asked to leave the club...

Thanks for all the memory`s Jack, Rest in Peace mate we will never forget you....

Archived