IGNORED

Tannoy system,,,,,,Again

fanjita

It's the same  in the Dolman and the Lansdown. 

The problem is the incompatible old speakers in the Dolman. They can't cope with the new sound system and that interferes with entire stadium sound system.

The problem can't be fixed untill the Dolman speakers are replaced and that won't be until the rebuild is completed.

Our PA system (unsure if it's a Tannoy or not) has been useless for over 30 years. 

I cannot believe we have never rectified it. I remember going to Old Trafford years and years ago and yes I know they are a big club etc. but the PA system was crystal clear, I was amazed it could sound like that. Yes they were wealthy but it's just a PA system. Ou would have thought we would have identified it as a problem as part of the redevelopment and addressed it.

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I was in W17 and thought it was fine. 

At the rugby last Sunday and was in W15 and the tannoy was dreadful. People around me were complaining about not being able to hear much because it was so muffled.

They must have done something to make it clearer for yesterday.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Our PA system (unsure if it's a Tannoy or not) has been useless for over 30 years. 

I cannot believe we have never rectified it. I remember going to Old Trafford years and years ago and yes I know they are a big club etc. but the PA system was crystal clear, I was amazed it could sound like that. Yes they were wealthy but it's just a PA system. Ou would have thought we would have identified it as a problem as part of the redevelopment and addressed it.

Man U pioneered the change from pretty awful tannoy style systems to what we've come to expect these days - mainly because Sharp championed it when they were sponsors for years. 

I have no doubt we'all get it right but it's difficult to replicate the problem when nobody is in the ground as it's a completely different

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

the SS is just as bad, are they also old speakers ?

It's the Dolman speakers that create the problem for the entire stadium because they're incompatible with the new system. It makes little difference which stand you're in.

Essentially the Dolman speakers corrupt the entire system.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It's the Dolman speakers that create the problem for the entire stadium because they're incompatible with the new system. It makes little difference which stand you're in.

Ah ok - though that does suggest another solution. If no one in the Dolman can understand whats being said, and it corrupts everyone else in the stadium, why not just turn of all the audio feeds into the Dolman except the emergency announcement. Then at least others will be able go hear, and well the Dolman can't hear anyway.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Ah ok - though that does suggest another solution. If no one in the Dolman can understand whats being said, and it corrupts everyone else in the stadium, why not just turn of all the audio feeds into the Dolman except the emergency announcement. Then at least others will be able go hear, and well the Dolman can't hear anyway.

I'm sure the Health and Safety regulations won't allow that idea.

Tbh Im a little surprised the stadium was granted a safety certificate given the rubbish sound quality.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Sounds pretty clear where I am so I don't see how it's the Dolman creating a problem fro the entire stadium. Only bit I struggle with is Adam Baker and his LJ interviews.

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

We've been told 100 times that until the refurb is complete it won't be sorted. So let's stop moaning about it.

i sit in the dolman and it isn't the best but as we've been told the reasons( old dolman speakers ) whys that not good enough for some people?

Oh, last time Adam Baker was on we were getting a professional company in to take a look.  Maybe someone should let him know that there is no point.

Think there's something wrong with the sound quality for the interviews as well as any issue with the Dolman speakers because Butlins guy who does the announcing now comes across clearly, whereas you couldn't make out a word either Adam Baker or Lee Johnson were saying.

Wish it was the other way round :facepalm:

55 minutes ago, youwhat said:

Oh, last time Adam Baker was on we were getting a professional company in to take a look.  Maybe someone should let him know that there is no point.

We've been told it's the dolman speakers and they won't be replaced until the refurb is complete. It's the last job to do. Until then we just have to grin and bear it which is more than acceptable . Just gets boring when you see the same moaning on here week in week out.

muffled speakers for 6 months is a small price to pay for a sparkly new stadium in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Which stand are you in?

Despite the username, Lansdown.

As per @bcfctim, Downsy is clear, the music is clear, Tim Shires is clear but the interviews are more difficult possibly because they're recorded (I assume?) but I'd say more down to Adam B's voice since his live bits are not as clear either.

9 hours ago, kivsy said:

It's Mr Clemence you ought to be worried about !

Mr Clements was my Uncle who was General Manager when Joe Jordan was there the 2nd time. He was told that they were going to say it for an evacuation drill. Soon changed it to Mr Ashton.

Geof passed on a year ago after suffering from Alzheimer's for a few years but I know one thing for sure he would have been so happy to see the stadium the way it is now.

Agree about the tannoy, but am sure it will be sorted as previously mentioned.

Archived