IGNORED

radio Bristol well worth a listen Monday 19 September(thats tonight)

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

Aaron is a fantastic character to have at the club and a great servant that proved against Derby he still has a part to play, but he must be the dullest interviewee ever.  Had too much media training over the years I suspect.

He's had his charisma coached out of him............. Top pro/role model for the young lads though

1 minute ago, RaspberryRed said:

He's had his charisma coached out of him............. Top pro/role model for the young lads

When he doing things like the team review with Tomlin, you see more of his normal demeanour.  Shame players feel they have to be so guarded most if the time.

Used to love Albert Adomahs random interviews.  Very funny.  Frankie Fielding also comes across more natural and quirky.

7 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

When he doing things like the team review with Tomlin, you see more of his normal demeanour.  Shame players feel they have to be so guarded most if the time.

Used to love Albert Adomahs random interviews.  Very funny.  Frankie Fielding also comes across more natural and quirky.

Yes an incredibly dry Northern humour has our Albi

9 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

I loved Marv for telling it how it was…

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good listen so far. Some knowledgeable City fans speaking.

@The BristolCity Blog speaking very well mate

Cheers @Kid in the Riot - just got out, probably the most enjoyable one yet. Really good chat. Nice to be on regularly as I seem to know most people now - Andy and John were great - as always the others guests usually have far more City experience than my modest 18 years! I said 'er' at least once as well. Gutting.

I like Ian too, been on Geoff's show with him a couple of times. He speaks his mind which there isn't enough of in this world - total honesty. Says it as it is and is fine for people to disagree with him and loves a debate. Ruffles a few feathers but it's all well meant due to his immense passion for the club. On the flipside, ringing in post match when you haven't been to the game isn't always best! I won't get started on fans leaving early either......

1 hour ago, The BristolCity Blog said:

I like Ian too, been on Geoff's show with him a couple of times. He speaks his mind which there isn't enough of in this world - total honesty. Says it as it is and is fine for people to disagree with him and loves a debate. Ruffles a few feathers but it's all well meant due to his immense passion for the club. On the flipside, ringing in post match when you haven't been to the game isn't always best! I won't get started on fans leaving early either......

It's not his opinions as such, but he does have a holier-than-thou kind of attitude. If you read his twitter you'd think he knew the incomings and outgoings of everything going through the club, when in truth he really doesn't.

2 hours ago, The BristolCity Blog said:

I like Ian too, been on Geoff's show with him a couple of times. On the flipside, ringing in post match when you haven't been to the game isn't always best! 

If, as another poster suggests in this thread he hasn't seen a single game this season, then why do Radio Bristol keeping putting him on and why on earth is he phoning up?

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If, as another poster suggests in this thread he hasn't seen a single game this season, then why do Radio Bristol keeping putting him on and why on earth is he phoning up?

It does boil my piss when I`m listening on the way home when someone rings in and says `I listened on the radio Geoff and I think Flint should be dropped` or some such bollocks based on what they`ve heard. It sounds so bloody tinpot. I can only assume that those of us who`ve actually been to the game have better things to do afterwards than act as filler for a crappy local radio phone in.

Don`t get me started on reading out people`s bloody stupid tweets either!

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'm pretty sure that Radio Bristol actually phone HIM up.

Im sure this has been mentioned on a previous thread on the same topic.

14 hours ago, Griffin said:

Sure 'Ian' will be on it giving his detailed explanations although he's not gone to a game all season :facepalm::blink:

Whilst simultaneously stirring ridiculous rumours about Jordan Rhodes on other city forums.

As @Robin1988 also said, his views on the game - when he's actually there - aren't that bad. He clearly understands football and knows what he's talking about when he attends. His holier than thou ITK'ing is annoying though. He spread that fictitious Rhodes rumour whilst talking in riddles.

He also doesn't appear to understand Twitter as shown by tweeting Crystal Palace directly asking if we're interested in Fraizer Campbell - then claiming they sent a DM back in reply!

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Im sure this has been mentioned on a previous thread on the same topic.

I think you could be right but two questions spring to mind;

1) Why do they?

2) Why doesn`t he say `I`ve not been to the game so I can`t possibly comment on it` ?

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

They do phone him. He's very perceptive  in his analysis of the game and 20pence likes his reports.

And he does go to games. I see him in the SC&T before most games. He missed the Derby game because he was on his holidays.

35 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think you could be right but two questions spring to mind;

1) Why do they?

2) Why doesn`t he say `I`ve not been to the game so I can`t possibly comment on it` ?

Don't' they regularly get the same people on? No disrespect to any forum users that talk on there but I imagine it's down to the non-probing attitude that they have.

18 minutes ago, Griffin said:

but I imagine it's down to the non-probing attitude that they have.

That's not Ian at all.

As others have said he's says it as he sees the game in an honest fashion. He's great with his facts and figures as he does his research thoroughly.

Archived