IGNORED

Hull City

bs3

Knew I'd come on here and people would be slagging off the draw. The same people were slagging off our first three ties no doubt - well look where we are now!

Keep winning and the good draw will come. 

Looking at the draw overall, where's the optimism - why not 'dare to dream'. There's a potential semi final or maybe even final appearance in there for a Championship club...why not us, eh?

Spirit of '89.

They've got one of the smallest and most injury-riddled squads in the Premier League, and have to travel half the length of the country to play us in midweek, as well as our match against them coming between games against Stoke and Watford.  And considering they'll be up against Liverpool and Chelsea prior to that, I can imagine their focus will be the league, unless their form is insane and then they'd be a better looking drawn anyway.  Is after Blackburn at home for us too, so no travelling for us that week, which will help preparation on our end.

A shit draw would have been Leeds, Preston or even Newcastle away - nothing to look forward to in those games, while in Hull we've a Premier League team at home, and one we can give a game.  Lord knows we've the squad to manage a cup run this year, and I for one am pretty chuffed we're one potentially winnable game from a cup quarterfinal.  And I bet a fair sum Tammy (and a few others, to be fair) will be desperate to play against a Premier League team - advantage of a young an hungry squad.

Think plenty of the players and the management will be happy with this one, and I'm looking forward to it - almost forgotten what that felt like in any cup that wasn't the JPT!

11 minutes ago, samo II said:

They've got one of the smallest and most injury-riddled squads in the Premier League, and have to travel half the length of the country to play us in midweek, as well as our match against them coming between games against Stoke and Watford.  And considering they'll be up against Liverpool and Chelsea prior to that, I can imagine their focus will be the league, unless their form is insane and then they'd be a better looking drawn anyway.  Is after Blackburn at home for us too, so no travelling for us that week, which will help preparation on our end.

A shit draw would have been Leeds, Preston or even Newcastle away - nothing to look forward to in those games, while in Hull we've a Premier League team at home, and one we can give a game.  Lord knows we've the squad to manage a cup run this year, and I for one am pretty chuffed we're one potentially winnable game from a cup quarterfinal.  And I bet a fair sum Tammy (and a few others, to be fair) will be desperate to play against a Premier League team - advantage of a young an hungry squad.

Think plenty of the players and the management will be happy with this one, and I'm looking forward to it - almost forgotten what that felt like in any cup that wasn't the JPT!

I agree with everything you say   word for word    are you my twin?

25 minutes ago, samo II said:

Superb post :clap:

4 Words on Hull...................There for the taking

Archived