IGNORED

Which player do you miss the most ?

Major Isewater

I'll give you a few I miss!

1] Tony Thorpe: His movement and goal scoring was sublime.

2] Evander Sno: If only we played him in his rightful position. His display for Ajax in a pre season friendly was pure class.

3] Kevin Amankwaah: I thought he was the real deal before his unfortunate accident. A great footballer.

& a few I DON'T miss!

1] Julian [40] Watts: Long after he departed his first team shirt was still on the sale rack in the club shop.

2] Nicky Hunt: I saw him play a blinder once, unfortunately that was a in a pre season friendly at Forest Green Rovers.

3] Stephen McManus: He had the turning circle of a bus, dreadful.

Was going to say Pitman, but seeing as how we seem to be going back decades I'll say any of Joe Jordan's 1990 team... 

... but mostly Joe Jordan himself. The man who got me to Ashton Gate in 1987 to see his debut v Brighton (we won 5-2, and he scored), and gave us a league cup semi followed by promotion with one of the greatest City teams ever. Still remember his thirty yard screamer in a dull match v Gillingham 1989... said he had to hit it because he couldn't run any further..

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

Was going to say Pitman, but seeing as how we seem to be going back decades I'll say any of Joe Jordan's 1990 team... 

... but mostly Joe Jordan himself. The man who got me to Ashton Gate in 1987 to see his debut v Brighton (we won 5-2, and he scored), and gave us a league cup semi followed by promotion with one of the greatest City teams ever. Still remember his thirty yard screamer in a dull match v Gillingham 1989... said he had to hit it because he couldn't run any further..

In the early rounds it's all a bit underwhelming, but if we beat Hull then I think I might start getting a bit of a league cup semi. 

I haven't read through the whole of this thread, so mine have probably already been mentioned.

The Tinman/Murray combination was lethal and Murray was such an exciting player.

Walshy and his Walshy shuffle.

I missed JET when he left but Tomlin has now taken over the mantle as our "maverick" player and is more consistent. Both a joy to watch.

Super Bobby Taylor.

Fond memories of Mickey Bell - he was an excellent left back and a key player in our side for ages.

Archived