IGNORED

Ruby Derby crowd..?

Bar BS3

@Mkelly has responded to the fight elsewhere...

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,15756781

We have full and clear CCTV of this incident and are currently reviewing it with the team /and authorities. The stadium has 0 tolerance on this type of behavior and will pass all the details to the police and ensure the ticket holders are banned from Ashton Gate in the future. 

On a personal note I am very sorry for any children and families that were witness to this and ask that you contact me direct if your children were in the vicinity.

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Mentioned on Rugby forum. Allegedly some drunken Exeter fans on a stag night.

As usual, some of the"holier than thou" rugger fans claim straight away it's football fans. So I've had a go at them on behalf of all round ball fans who also follow the egg shaped game.. 

This is one of several things that pisses me off about rugby, the condescending, patronising attitude of the toffs who report on it (and some of those who watch it, like Bath supporters) towards football.

This all coming from a sport where mass brawls and eye gouging are pretty common and all sorts of slightly dubious sexual practices are regularly going on when the ref can't see (like in a scrum).

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is one of several things that pisses me off about rugby, the condescending, patronising attitude of the toffs who report on it (and some of those who watch it, like Bath supporters) towards football.

This all coming from a sport where mass brawls and eye gouging are pretty common and all sorts of slightly dubious sexual practices are regularly going on when the ref can't see (like in a scrum).

And from said toffs come the dead silence and awkward moments punctuated by 'gosh, I think I ought to yell something... um... BRI-STOL'. Good job Exeter managed to smuggle a few oiks in there who know about that 'crowd support' sort of thing, even though at times it felt far more like an away crowd.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Brawl at rugby match with Chiefs - How?

Football fan speaks with forked tongue.

Christ, Spudski will be on the war path now. Seriously though, I heard the rugby fans were well pissed off with the length of times to get served last night, this must have led to ill feelings and things to kick off. But us football fans have been putting up with this for years. I won't be surprised if this is brushed under the carpet or they find a way to blame football fans somehow. 

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

Christ, Spudski will be on the war path now. Seriously though, I heard the rugby fans were well pissed off with the length of times to get served last night, this must have led to ill feelings and things to kick off. But us football fans have been putting up with this for years. I won't be surprised if this is brushed under the carpet or they find a way to blame football fans somehow. 

Surely that can't be the reason. Who has a fight with someone just because they had to queue for a drink for longer than they wanted?

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Surely that can't be the reason. Who has a fight with someone just because they had to queue for a drink for longer than they wanted?

According to those who actually saw the fracas it was pissed up Exeter fans on a stag night who threw beer over some Bristol fan who was apparently goading them.

Thats what caused it all to kick off although none of us the Lansdown saw it happen.

Tried the 'new stadium' rugby experience last night, such a different atmosphere to football and certainly wierd to find people around you in the Dolman leaping up and hollering whenever Exeter scored! Main issue for me was the bloke behind me in the drinks queue moaning non-stop about actually a nothing queue, and then commenting to his mate that he was a Rovers fan and was therefore a bit biased but here he was "in a f*****g queue for god's sake" and I thought then, my god how many others are there here like this, and I felt suddenly like we had been invaded by an alien life form and wanted it to be vs Leeds United on a Tuesday night, COYR!!

14 hours ago, tommy_b said:

Regardless of what went on in the stands, tonight was embarrassing for a gate of 15k to completely break Ashton Gates capacity as a functioning refreshment offering stadium. 

20-30 minute queues for drinks in Lansdown stand. Shambles. One server of Butcombe. Closing tills whilst queues are in front. 

The perpetuation of this absolute farcical "5/6 individual queues" per concession stand?! That is the biggest pisstake. Everything else is learning. To have forced queues whilst one person ahead of you may order a pie or might order 8 pints... the variation in delay is ridiculous. 

@mkelly (guessing name!) this is the main fix for tonight 

• Admin

Some little anecdotes from last night:

I had THREE Leeds fans sat behind me in E34 last night, there son and his wife he a little further over.

NO fighting, just a bit of banter - they said they often sit in "home sections" when watching Leeds

On the train home there were a number of GWR train managers on there, (one of them was the train managere on the 20:33 train), said Chelsea / Bath / Worcester supporters are the ones they have concerns about when travelling between London and the West Country. Said they are concerned when the new trains come into service and there is no longer a buffet car, where those that want to drink currently hang around the buffet car, in the future they will be spread about the train- they see more problems from this in the future as they are easier to contain now

Archived