IGNORED

Freeman

BCFC_Josh

I too am very pleased for him. Had to raise his game with all the competition for a starting place. With a fully fit squad he wouldn't get in my starting 11 but that's the great thing, strength in depth and competition raises everyone's standards (hopefully and with good man management).

Saw him first playing for Stevenage against us.  Was real quality in league 1.

My assumption is that the coaching under Lee, like everything else, has improved enormously and Freeman is now reaching his potential.

Goodness alone knows what Lee's squad will look like in terms of quality after two more Windows and a full season's coaching

COYR

Still believe, and now more strongly than ever after the team selections for the two matches this week, that Lee is the real McCoy.  Watch out Man City, Bristol City are gearing up!

Really pleased for Freeman to score. He is always lively and involved and I'm hoping he is learning from the likes of Tomlin when to release the ball. There's no doubting he has ability and I think he gets a lot of criticism by his own doing as he constantly gets into great positions only to take a step over too far or wrong choice when passing. But the fact he is creating and always getting into these positions in the first place shows with just a bit more speed of thought he could still turn out to be great for us in this division.

As with Little, I think Freeman's improvement and increasing involvement is a really good sign of our set up now - yes; we're bringing in good new players, but we're also improving those that we have.

Chuffed for Luke; when you see how unlucky he was not to notch on Wed, you could see this as putting him over the top and cermenting his progress. 

I'll put my hand up as one who thought the arrivals of O'Dowda and Patterson might see him slowly vanish from the first team, but he's risen to the challenge for places and now it's really a case of mix-and-match with all of them.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

End of the season unless he`s had an extension we don`t know about like Derrick Williams did.

If not, I think he'll be getting close to one.  Pack has only just signed his.  Unless we really want to offload a player, I think we need to be prepared to keep players contracted.  Freeman has always had value, would be criminal to let a player like him go on a free, when it would cost a considerably inflated amount to bring in a replacement.

Archived