IGNORED

Song for Team entrance

Fiale

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, well it's possible we are quite far apart in age then as OFTBC does nothing for me. I wasn't about when it was first made so got no nostalgic value for me really. Just sounds naff and a bit cringeworthy.

I appreciate people's liking tradition, but some traditions - like OFTBC - are worth getting rid of in my opinion. If fans sung it and identified with it, I'd probably have a different opinion. I've never heard an fans sing it despite everyone knowing the words. Would actually sound quite good perhaps if sung at an away game.. 

This is City you're talking about. Fans don't sing along to anything ;)

• Admin
21 hours ago, SARJ said:

You go over to Willem II in Holland and the music is epic, it's like a rave getting the fans pumped up for the game. Anything is better than what we currently have.

Coventry City have also been a leader in the pre match music - but the MAIN problem at AG8 is our sound system is crap

On 25/09/2016 at 22:19, Neo said:

I was on twitter or something today and they had a clip of Irish fans singing that - literally hundreds and it was quite amazing - will try and locate !!

Edit - located !!

Problem with Sweet Caroline for me is that Reading use it as their theme song too (when the teams come out, when they win etc). I've been married to a Reading fan for 5 years and she begrudgingly admits that it's good we have our own song to run out to, along with Drink up thy Zyder etc. I cannot imagine the grief I'll get if we ever start copying Reading....and don't get me started on the music they play when they score.....!!!

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Coventry City have also been a leader in the pre match music - but the MAIN problem at AG8 is our sound system is crap

For speech and announcements it is, but it seems the actual music is really clear though pretty flat... no idea why

23 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Brilliant,thanks Tim.

Unfortunately with me being in work on the 2-10 shift if I won't be able to hear it in the ground. Hopefully I will be able to hear it on radio Bristol.

A big thumbs up from me :yes: 

Not sure this will work but:

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, well it's possible we are quite far apart in age then as OFTBC does nothing for me. I wasn't about when it was first made so got no nostalgic value for me really. Just sounds naff and a bit cringeworthy.

I appreciate people's liking of tradition, but some traditions - like OFTBC - are worth getting rid of in my opinion. If fans sung it and identified with it, I'd probably have a different opinion. I've never heard any fans sing it despite everyone knowing the words. Would sound quite good perhaps if sung at an away game.. 

I sings it. I don't care. Maybe we should all try to sing it. 

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 23:44, Fiale said:

It's one of those guilty pleasures in the car when no one is around and this comes on....

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 23:33, Xiled said:

This was never 'running out' music but for a few brief games, Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis was played when we scored....

I loved that.  But then everyone got into a bit of a rhythm and the stands literally started bouncing.  Clouds of decade old dust started to emerge from the ends of the Dolman and I think it had to be dropped as a potential safety issue.

Yeah, it's got Chelsea in the title but everyone knows it and you can't help tapping your foot.  Okay, someone tell me it's sh*t.

Maybe we could play it for Tammy?:whistle::thumbsup:

Archived