IGNORED

Keith Stroud(hampshire) ref for tuesday red and yellow card stats

Never to the dark side

• Admin
9 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

thirteen games FIFTY FIVE yellow cards and FIVE reds

Image result

Games on database   Fouls Cards Pen Atte
    24-Sep-16 League One League - M.9   Oxford 1:1 Charlton       3 yellowcard.gif 1 redcard.gif 1       8847
    21 EFL Cup Third Round - M.3   Swansea 1:2 Man City       2 yellowcard.gif           18237
    17 Championship League - M.8   Brentford 5:0 Preston       2 yellowcard.gif           ?
    13 Championship League - M.7   Norwich C 2:1 Wigan       5 yellowcard.gif           25992
    10 Championship League - M.6   QPR 1:1 Blackburn       5 yellowcard.gif           13210
    30-Aug-16 EFL Trophy South Group D - M.1   Coventry - West Ham                   ?
    27 Championship League - M.5   Newcastle 2:0 Brighton       6 yellowcard.gif 1 redcard.gif         49196
    23 EFL Cup Second Round - M.2   Chelsea 3:2 Bristol R     18 3 yellowcard.gif   1       39276
    20 Championship League - M.4   Birminghm 1:3 Wolves       2 yellowcard.gif 1 redcard.gif         18569
    16 League One League - M.3   Gillinghm 1:1 Swindon       8 yellowcard.gif 1 redcard.gif 1       5512
    13 Championship League - M.2   A Villa 3:0 Rotherham       6 yellowcard.gif           33286
    09 EFL Cup First Round - M.1   Cambridge 2:1 Sheff Wed       1 yellowcard.gif           4170
    06 Championship League - M.1   Ipswich 4:2 Barnsley     28 5 yellowcard.gif   1       17370

He ref'd Leeds twice last season:

Their game last November at home to Rotherham - 7 yellows (3 for Leeds) and 2 reds (1 each) in that game.

Most recently their 2-1 away win at Blackburn where he gave Leeds 4 yellows.

Last time he ref'd us was the 4-2 defeat at home to Brentford at the beginning of last season.  He sent Freeman off and gave a yellow to Marlon.

There's cards in this game.

10 minutes ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

Really not looking forward to watching this bloke ref us playing the 'mighty' Leeds, hope I'm wrong but he always has a stinker of a decision in him which can ruin a game, hope I'm wrong tomorrow night though

I fear you are correct. Little Hitlers like this really put me off football!!

Hope we are wrong!

17 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Since being back in the championship, I feel some refs give the teams who are big historically most decisions , that Fulham player should have hot sent off Saturday being a prime example , sadly Keith Stroud is s name I recognise, and not in a good way , have we got history with him ? 

Fulham commentators felt they should have had a few free kicks, more city players booked and a stone wall penalty... so we did ok out if :yes:

• Admin

Our cards under him:

2015 City 2-4 Brentford 1 red (deserved) 1 yellow

2014 Cheltenham 1-3 City 2 yellows

2013 City 0-1 Sheff Utd no cards

2012 City 1-4 Wolves 2 yellows

2012 Birmingham 2-2 City no cards

2012 Brighton 2-0 City 2 yellows

2012 Millwall 0-0 City 3 yellows (sent off a Millwall player)

2009 Derby 2-1 City no cards

2008 Sheff Utd 3-0 2 yellows

2008 Cardiff 2-1 City 1 yellow

2007 City 2-2 QPR no cards

2006 City 3-1 Chesterfield 3 yellows

2006 Southend 1-0 City 1 yellow

2005 Yeovil 1-1 City 2 yellows

2004 City 2-2 MK 5 yellows

So with the exception of the MK Dons match in 2004 he doesn't seem to particularly pick on us. We don't have the greatest win record under him but the 2 games we have won under him have both come in promotion seasons, a good omen if we can beat Leeds tomorrow ;) 

NTTDS has just posted this link on another thread. It would suggest that if Mr Stroud produces a lot of cards tonight, he would be seeing the two teams in a different light to other referees this season.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2016 

• Admin

Bristol City wins when Keith Stroud has been referee (out of 16 games):

06/07 City 3-1 Chesterfield - City promoted at the end of the season.

14/15 Cheltenham 1-3 City - City promoted at the end of the season.

16/17 City 1-0 Leeds - ...

I hope we are all lumping on today ;) 

On 9/26/2016 at 13:47, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Awful ref, likes to be the centre of attention.

The proof of this was when he booked a Leeds guy late on. The player was on the floor for 30 seconds, got up, ran past the ref and when he was 20 yards away, he called him back and booked him. As Dom Joly would say "Look at Me, Look at Me".

10 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

The proof of this was when he booked a Leeds guy late on. The player was on the floor for 30 seconds, got up, ran past the ref and when he was 20 yards away, he called him back and booked him. As Dom Joly would say "Look at Me, Look at Me".

Considering his shocking performance throughout the majority of the game I actually thought he got that booking right as if I remember rightly that was when Flint cleared the ball upfield and was tackled late with the Leeds player pretending to be injured to hide his guilt in the foul that he committed.

The ref had his back to the player as he went to see if Flint was ok and it was only when the 'con artist' ran past the ref when he realised he had got to his feet (Am I right in saying a player can't be cautioned if they're on the floor?) and tried to sneak past him unnoticed.

As I said, probably 1 of very few bits of the game where the ref was spot on in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Considering his shocking performance throughout the majority of the game I actually thought he got that booking right as if I remember rightly that was when Flint cleared the ball upfield and was tackled late with the Leeds player pretending to be injured to hide his guilt in the foul that he committed.

The ref had his back to the player as he went to see if Flint was ok and it was only when the 'con artist' ran past the ref when he realised he had got to his feet (Am I right in saying a player can't be cautioned if they're on the floor?) and tried to sneak past him unnoticed.

As I said, probably 1 of very few bits of the game where the ref was spot on in my opinion.

I couldn't work out what Tomlin was booked for. From my vantage he appeared to be pinned to the ground by their bearded defender and was within his rights to try and get out of the wrestling hold the guy had put him in.

Was it verbals? Did they square up afterwards?  The situation was a bit unclear with various players charging in to get involved.

2 hours ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Not going to disagree with you there, thankfully despite us having a young team we're becoming a bit more streetwise. The substitutions of O'Neil and wilbs massively helped see us over the line too

Abraham needs to become more streetwise.  Their 26 (23?) blocked him at every high ball allowing the cb to deal with it easily.

27 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Abraham needs to become more streetwise.  Their 26 (23?) blocked him at every high ball allowing the cb to deal with it easily.

You could argue that's partly to do with the ball to him, being marked by 2 players and isolated from our other players. Admittedly wilbs was better at 'putting himself about' though, that will come in time for tammy I've no doubt of

7 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

You could argue that's partly to do with the ball to him, being marked by 2 players and isolated from our other players. Admittedly wilbs was better at 'putting himself about' though, that will come in time for tammy I've no doubt of

By the time Wilbs came on, Leeds were pushing up and leaving gaps. 

Their marking of Tammy was pretty efficient though. And being Leeds, he took an elbow in the face, an off-the-ball kick and other argy-bargy needless to say.

Archived