IGNORED

Ryder cup 2016

Spoons

16 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

no joy but thanks

I take it you don't have Kodi?

I don't know of any other sites because since I got my android box 6 months or so ago, I've had no need to use the PC to watch tv on.

I really do recommend that anyone who doesn't have an android box should get one, sports from all over the world, films that aren't even out in the cinema & all the channels & tv shows you could ever need!! I paid £33 for my box & have more than saved that just by cancelling sky sports & movie channels.

On 10/2/2016 at 19:39, Tipps69 said:

I take it you don't have Kodi?

I don't know of any other sites because since I got my android box 6 months or so ago, I've had no need to use the PC to watch tv on.

I really do recommend that anyone who doesn't have an android box should get one, sports from all over the world, films that aren't even out in the cinema & all the channels & tv shows you could ever need!! I paid £33 for my box & have more than saved that just by cancelling sky sports & movie channels.

Sorry to hijack the Ryder Cup thread to seek info on Kodi/android box, but I wonder if you might point me in the right direction to do some research.

Am I correct in assuming I need simply to purchase an android box to watch all you mention, or is it somewhat more complicated than that?

If there is some dodgy dealing involved, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Sorry to hijack the Ryder Cup thread to seek info on Kodi/android box, but I wonder if you might point me in the right direction to do some research.

Am I correct in assuming I need simply to purchase an android box to watch all you mention, or is it somewhat more complicated than that?

If there is some dodgy dealing involved, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, that's basically it & connect it to your internet connection & that's basically it.

If you get one which says "fully loaded", it will come with all the apps you require but if you just do a search for "best football apps on Kodi" (or similar) on google & it will talk you through how to install new apps onto the box.

It really is quite simple.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Nope, that's basically it & connect it to your internet connection & that's basically it.

If you get one which says "fully loaded", it will come with all the apps you require but if you just do a search for "best football apps on Kodi" (or similar) on google & it will talk you through how to install new apps onto the box.

It really is quite simple.

Thanks for that.

A little more research required as we only have internet on the computer, not on the TV.

I am sure my children will be able to help.

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for that.

A little more research required as we only have internet on the computer, not on the TV.

I am sure my children will be able to help.

You don't need an internet tv, you connect it to your wifi.

And having just looked, you can put the wire from your broadband box into the back of the android box, so it doesn't need to be done via wifi but obviously that saves on wires.

There are easy to follow installation instructions on screen when you first start it all up.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

You don't need an internet tv, you connect it to your wifi.

I appreciate your assistance on this and do not want to take up more of your time, but:

1. My wifi is not connected to my tv.

2. Does this mean that I can only watch on the computer , like the 'dodgy' streams at present, or does something additional need to be plugged into the tv? Otherwise, I can't for the life of me see how the transmission makes it to the tv.

Definitely a question for my children.... 

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I appreciate your assistance on this and do not want to take up more of your time, but:

2. Does this mean that I can only watch on the computer , like the 'dodgy' streams at present, or does something additional need to be plugged into the tv? Otherwise, I can't for the life of me see how the transmission makes it to the tv.

The wifi / internet is connected to the android box & then you run a hmdi cable from the android box to tv. Similar as to how you'd run a sky box / satellite box.

So the wifi signal goes to the box & that's what holds all the apps & then you just send that signal to the tv.

So as long as your tv can use hdmi cables (only 1 needed for this) then you'all be fine.

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The very small box on top of my Sky box & blue ray player is all it is.

IMG_1931.JPG

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

The wifi / internet is connected to the android box & then you run a hmdi cable from the android box to tv. Similar as to how you'd run a sky box / satellite box.

So the wifi signal goes to the box & that's what holds all the apps & then you just send that signal to the tv.

So as long as your tv can use hdmi cables (only 1 needed for this) then you'all be fine.

Well, I believe my tv can run hdmi cables - I believe the children used such a cable for their WII game - so I now need to look in to purchasing an android box.

Thanks again for all your help, and I shall let you know if and when it is installed, up and running. 

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, I believe my tv can run hdmi cables - I believe the children used such a cable for their WII game - so I now need to look in to purchasing an android box.

Thanks again for all your help, and I shall let you know if and when it is installed, up and running. 

I got mine from Amazon......

Archived