IGNORED

Horrible thought about England.

Ashtonwurzel

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

If Big Sam gets the bullet ...........................  Steve Bruce !!!

Better hope one of the tabloids has carried out a similar sting operation on Brucie then.

Knowing our luck though, Bruce will be clean as a whistle.

To be honest I really couldn't give a rats ass about England. I quite like the merry go round circus that goes on - this is the most interesting thing that has gone on in the world of England football recently and makes the whole England set up look like a bunch of clowns. 

Couldn't make it up. I'll stick to my Bristol City Football world thanks. 

Would settle for the next one being LJ, in about five years...having taken a Bristol City side up and establishing them in the top league, playing good quality football.

I may be getting a little ahead of myself. I may have had the odd wee cider.

We may equally have just beaten Leeds who to this day I still hold a grudge against for freezing my gonads off in cold fog at AG - you older ones know to what I refer. 

Bloke called Sam Allardyce who has a 100% reco......

Oh, err, Um,yeah ok then...

You know what, I don't really care anymore. None of the players do, so lost interest to be fair. 

Actually whilst typing this, I've just had a thought - am I right in thinking that the appearance fees still go straight to charities? Perhaps that's why they couldn't give a rats ass when it comes to playing for England, because they don't actually have any personal gain from it? I mean we're not good enough to win any trophies, so without that to play for, and no monetary reward, why should they care what the result is? I'm not saying let's stop giving to charities and start paying them more money than they already have, but it does make you wonder.

16 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Would settle for the next one being LJ, in about five years...having taken a Bristol City side up and establishing them in the top league, playing good quality football.

I may be getting a little ahead of myself. I may have had the odd wee cider.

We may equally have just beaten Leeds who to this day I still hold a grudge against for freezing my gonads off in cold fog at AG - you older ones know to what I refer. 

Wee cider? I think one of my neighbours makes that.

20 minutes ago, Taz said:

Bloke called Sam Allardyce who has a 100% reco......

Oh, err, Um,yeah ok then...

You know what, I don't really care anymore. None of the players do, so lost interest to be fair. 

Actually whilst typing this, I've just had a thought - am I right in thinking that the appearance fees still go straight to charities? Perhaps that's why they couldn't give a rats ass when it comes to playing for England, because they don't actually have any personal gain from it? I mean we're not good enough to win any trophies, so without that to play for, and no monetary reward, why should they care what the result is? I'm not saying let's stop giving to charities and start paying them more money than they already have, but it does make you wonder.

Not sure really any player does not care, or would care more if they got the money. I think you may be right about the personal gain in a wider sense however. For players from many other countries, it is a chance to put themselves in a shop window, maybe impress and get a nice contract somewhere. Ours all have that. 

I am sure they want to do well, but it is not 'play well this tournement and I could set my family up for life' type of wanting to do well. 

That, and we are crap.

Archived