IGNORED

10 games...

Manon

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think we have to be delighted with 5th after 10 games, particularly given some of the sides we have come up against. I still think Norwich and Newcastle are the class in this division - take our narrow defeats to them out of the equation and we've lost 1 in 8 against the rest.

A few weeks ago I stated that we could be outside contenders for the playoffs, which @Robert the bruce thought was "hilarious" - I wonder if he still thinks that? I'd still say "outside contenders" is about right.

Its early doors mate-dont get too excited...Its where you finish that counts,not ten games in,and yes,so early in the season I find it hilarious that some get so carried away with it all.have another look,say mid march and see if were still where we are today..i personally doubt it....

7 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Its early doors mate-dont get too excited...Its where you finish that counts,not ten games in,and yes,so early in the season I find it hilarious that some get so carried away with it all.have another look,say mid march and see if were still where we are today..i personally doubt it....

"There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip" eh Robert :). Personally just enjoying the ride, good attacking football from many areas of the pitch, lots of young players learning the game, what's not to like?

It could be argued that all our wins have been against teams currently in the bottom half (fulham 12th so borderline). Our losses are against teams in the top 10. However I do think we are improving and two clean sheets in particular is a good sign.

If we can stay in and around the play off places that will be real progress this season.

48 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

I think we will get better - huge turnover of players, loss of Kodjia late on, Korey out, distraction of new stand opening and we still have 17 points. So on that basis top six definitely achievable.

How is it going with Korey-did I read something re;a back problem now?..or was I just having a bad dream...

We've played some of the most difficult games, at least on paper, in the opening 10 fixtures and still got a good points return.

We've incorporated half a dozen new players into the lineup in one way or another and still got a good points return.

We have a squad of good, young players, some of whom have barely played in the English league before and still got a good points return.

It's early days and it could all go horribly wrong still, but I think there is still a lot of improvement to be had from this squad. I don't know if that will happen in time for success this season (i.e. promotion) but the trajectory is extremely positive and the early signs are good. Keep this squad together and things could get very exciting.

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

It's not getting "carried away" or "hilarious" to suggest that we might be outside contenders for the play offs.  It's hardly the most outrageous or far-fetched suggestion and it doesn't make any bold claims about anything happening for certain.  In fact I'd say its more strange to be so amused by a fairly measured view.

Archived